E6850 a bottle neck?

ive been tryin to work out why my GT's have been gettin crap scores in both aqua mark and 3d mark 06

my Aqua mark score @ stock ...

stockaquamark3.jpg

my Aqua mark score after a 900mhz cpu oc

ocaquamark3.jpg

An extra 5000 points for the gfx just popped out of no where.

my 3dmark 06 score was around 14k stock and this is wat happens after a 900mhz oc

3D06oc.jpg

and about 3000 more points on 3D mark 06.

so is a stock E6850 @ 3ghz holding my 8800GT's back?

i'm starting to get this feeling also. we have very similar setups acutually

It seems now that I'm sitting at 3.8 Ghz on my E6850 @ 1.5 V that I'm acutually getting higher 3dmark scores, but this could also be from the 800 mhz OC i just did to my processor.

well i only get 13-14k in 06 and i remember you sayin you got about 13-14k with a single card ..... ( i think) and my sli is on cuz the green bar wouldnt show up the console says so to .....

im not 100% sure they will work in the dfi i seem to remember reading changeing the bios might will make them work but they way things are goin between intel and nvidia we will be lucky if they work let alone oc =/

Seems like normal scaling to me. The stronger the cards are, the more overclocking the CPU helps. Not severe enough in your case to be a "bottleneck" per say, but in most dual card rigs CPU oc makes a huge difference.

Also, the cpu score test in the 3dmark series is garbage. I can fiddle with my cards settings and lower my 3dmarks but raise the CPU marks, and vice versa. During one run with unstable overclocks on my vid cards, my 3dmark score dropped ~300 pts while the CPU score shot up almost 1000 - without raising my CPU oc a single mhz.

To test cpu performance use a real cpu benchmark like the sandra arithmetic test or something.

i Wasnt realy looking @ the cpu score. i was looking @ the fact that i get more out of my gfx card when i oc my cpu......

Are you? because if you look at old AM3 results you're looking directly at the boost from CPU speed, and if you look at an overall 3DMark Score then you may be largely looking at the CPU test portion going up.