Post Your Workstation!

Bosco

I know MS office and outlook have an option that will resize the photo to a different resolution. But it would also make your photo physically quite smaller. Congrats on figuring it out :)

And btw. You live in a cabin or something? Man thats a lot of wood...

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For Andrus- I was a carpenter in another phase of my life... For Bishop-does importing and saving as.jpeg automatically make it smaller? Is this just MS Paint or other photo programs too?

Edited by Phil

yeah hes talking about ms paint.

I do that as well most of the time. But sometimes converting it to a .jpeg in paint will still not make it small enough. Also, if you convert with save for web in photoshop, it will look a lot better than if you convert it with paint.

And it doesnt make the picture resolution wise smaller, but as far as color data, quite a bit smaller.

^ Hit it right on the head.

Or... You could always download the GIMP.

Just as many features as photoshop but its free and open source. You should give it a try.

I recently ran across where someone provided a link to the Gimp. Dumb question, but this is safe to download, right? My wife would kill me if I did something to infect "her" computer, and I'm not yet saavy enough to really keep myself out of trouble.

On another note, this whole discussion got me going, so I went into my start file for a deeper look and found bundled in with MS Office 2003 a program called "MS Office Picture Manager". This seems to quite easily resize pics for the web. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Flamer_Jut mentioned Fireworks MX, anybody else use this?

Edited by Phil

yea... its a program under the GPL... you wont have any problems with it

I uninstalled that POS... It always seemed to not work to me and would open pics when I double clicked on the... not what I wanted

Yeah man, GIMP is really safe to download. Just make sure you get the windows port of it. It is made for linux, but they have a windows port as well.

I have picture manager, but dont use it, seeing as how i have photoshop.

I have fireworks too. Dont use it either. I heard its rather good though. ;)

Fireworks Isn't too bad its good for graphical imaging n stuff....if you want an example click the link below thats an example of some of the stuff you can do...that particular picture mods 3 indiviual pictures with different blends on each one...

My Example you will know it when you see it

flamer_jut

p.s. obviously this is ownly my opinion as i find it rather useful ;)