SAT Score is in!

iKillSteal

I do have to say those ibbers are hard workers though, even if they are arrogant, self-centered, snobbish people, they do work hard. We AP students relied on lady luck, and she never let us down. And boy was she allot more fun than work.

Lol... can't say I disagree much :P I had to do AP and IB at the same time and work at McDonalds to maintain my car lol... somehow I managed not to die :lol:

I'm not belittling the joy of people's SAT results, just kinda saying the American education system is a bit silly for focusing on the SAT scores so much... and GPAs... urg... lol

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. The SATs are full of crap (along with pretty much every test.)

I dunno, I'd call them a good way to test test-taking ability. You can walk into the SAT knowing nearly nothing and walk away with a decent score if you know how to take a test and you have a little common sense.

That said, the SAT means exactly NIL once you get into college. :lol:

The ACT and SAT do nothing more than measure your ability to remember and your ability to make illogical analogies. It has nothing at all to do with intelligence.

Exactly. :) Test taking ability does not generally rely on intelligence.

To OP, generally composite score is adding those top three numbers, not including those subscores, so yours is actually 1870.

I took it once last year, no studying, got a 1990. Same on the ACT and I got a 32 composite, I think those were my saviors getting into college since my GPA wasn't all that stellar and I don't know exactly how great my essays were. I'm just a good test taker, haha, always loved multiple choice!

To OP, generally composite score is adding those top three numbers, not including those subscores, so yours is actually 1870.

I took it once last year, no studying, got a 1990. Same on the ACT and I got a 32 composite, I think those were my saviors getting into college since my GPA wasn't all that stellar and I don't know exactly how great my essays were. I'm just a good test taker, haha, always loved multiple choice!

I actually checked that out, by emailing the collegeboard staff, and they told me to add together all the numbers present. Maybe I got an idiot on their support line who doesn't know what he's talking about but that's what I was told and it's not even a big difference between the scores so I'll give myself the 70 points. :D

I actually checked that out, by emailing the collegeboard staff, and they told me to add together all the numbers present.

I think the guy you talked to is wrong. IIRC all you do is add up the three subsection scores for your total.

Your score is 1870, just the three subtotals. Those seventy points can mean a lot, you know.

Psh, quit making it out to be such a negative. <_< I'm well above the average score in the US. I'm well above what even the better colleges in Indiana ask for AND I've got other tests/evaluations on my side to help me out. I'm happy that I did so well and I don't need you trying to change that by making me worry about those 70 points. :P

Heh, I took the sat twice and act once 3 years ago. 1220,1210, and the equivilant on the act, but I dont think the sats or the collegeboard is any good. A score like mine probably didnt help me get into college either, good thing I wrote some heartfelt entrance essays and had a lot of extracurricular activities.