SAT Score is in!

iKillSteal

Well I got an email telling me that I can check my SAT score online less than a minute ago and man was I happy about it! :D

satsx3.jpg

1934 out of 2400! Sure it's not the best score but it'll get help me into a good college and I did much better than I thought I would. But I'm quite shocked by the scores, though. Every other standardized test I've taken, especially the ACT, I always excelled at the math portion and did so-so on the English portions but this time it was the exact opposite. I dominated the English portion, specifically writing :D, and didn't do to well on the math portion...Not a good sign since I was considering going into engineering. Who knows, maybe it was just the format but I'm not gonna let this slow me down!

Just thought I'd share a bit of my happiness with OCC and maybe get a few stories about standardized tests from a some of our senior members. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad score, though if you have time, take it again, and again. Trust me, my scores went up every time, and they take your best scores. Especially since you scored higher in the wrong section, it's possible that you were tricked on some of those math questions (evil testmakers). I still wonder which questions I missed when I took it.

I wish thy hadn't changed the scoring system. It makes my 660 Math (I fell asleep :blush: ) and 760 Verbal scores seem much lower.

Don't let your math score bother you though; the SAT doesn't mean much. It's really just a measure of test taking ability. :)

Congrats!

BTW, typing with the on-screen keyboard sucks! :lol:

EDIT: schwag is right, take it a bunch. I only took it once and that math score still pisses me off. <_<

Sorry for not replying sooner, I was out getting a hair cut. Well it's my Senior year in HS and I started applying for colleges already and AFAIK there are no more test dates for my area :(. I really wish I had taken it last year, like I did the ACT, but extremely important things came up on both test dates. : / It's all good, though. Sent both my ACT and SAT scores to a bunch of different colleges so they should balance each other out evenly. :)

@King

You and your crazy, yet almost 100% superior, German system of education. If I was still living there I wouldn't have to worry about these standardized tests. Most evil things ever to be devised by the human mind...Were I not under a contractual agreement barring me from discussing the contents of the test, I would point out some of the "Did they seriously just ask me this?" questions so that we could all have a good laugh at what they're using to determine our intelligence.

Edited by iKillSteal

Were I not under a contractual agreement barring me from discussing the contents of the test, I would point out some of the "Did they seriously just ask me this?" questions so that we could all have a good laugh at what they're using to determine our intelligence.

I took one test, can't remember which, but there was one word problem that started off with "There is a woman driving at a constant speed...." I just started laughing in the middle of the test.

The German Education system isn't all that great actually @ iKill... I'm doing the IB instead of the German Abitur, because I'm thinking that will get me further ;)

Maybe it depends on the area but where I lived, Meppen, we were so much farther ahead than any school I've been to here in America. Almost to second grade there(we left a month before I finished : /) and I knew everything(except english) that we were covering in school up to 4th grade. Sure I did go to a fairly prestigious school back there but I still like the system back there much better. I especially preferred the accelerated pace of my old school...

I took one test, can't remember which, but there was one word problem that started off with "There is a woman driving at a constant speed...." I just started laughing in the middle of the test.

:lol:

Edited by iKillSteal

that has to be the old one right? they put science in back in 2005 i thought

no, it's the new 2400 point system. You're probably thinking abut the SATI, I took the SATII(which is required by a majority of the colleges I applied to instead of the SATI).