Yet another death

Kamikaze_Badger

This morning, my grandmother (step-dad's mother) passed away due to severe Alzeimers :(. I just found out on the phone. Yesterday she went into critical condition after not having eaten or drunk for two days straight. Not sure of the exact time :(.

How do you deal with such sudden news?

Let me be the first here to give you my condolences. I feel for your loss. The best way to deal with it is to just keep living your life, while this is sad you can't let it drag you down too much, as that will just make it ten times worse. Sorry, mate.

Sorry for your loss... :(

My great grand father passed away late last year, he was almost 95, had a massive stroke while he was eating breakfast...

:(

He then went into a coma for about 4 weeks before passing away.

The best way to deal with it is to just keep living your life, while this is sad you can't let it drag you down too much, as that will just make it ten times worse.
AGREED

My family members have expressed dislike towards my way of dealing with these types of things, I usually don't show any emotion towards it at all and keep my composure...

I don't pretend it didn't happen I just go on with my life as "Crow47" said, don't let it bring you down "what happened happened" and unfortuanetly you cant help it... :(

don't be too proud to not cry, but then don't wallow in sorrow...

:withstupid: well put. My condolences, KB :(

However, it seems to me you should have at least had some idea it was coming, so I don't really see this as "sudden news"...and if you do, then maybe that was part of your problem, you didn't accept ahead of time that her time was coming. I know for me, it's been a lot easier to deal with deaths when I was prepared for them ahead of time as opposed to something sudden like a heart attack taking one's life at age 45 with no prior history.