quick question about a girl

SiL3nTKiLL

allright, so i know this girl from back in high school and we RARELY talked or hung out at all, maybe like once out of the complete 4 years. well last week she started talking to me on AIM out of the blue, and talks for like 3 hours or so, and she is the one that initiates all the covo's too. she goes to college in alabama (university of alabama), and i goto college in gainesville,fl (university of florida) about a 7 hour drive away. anyways, im not sure if she wants to start a relationship or not, i cant tell the signs lol. ive dated girls b4, but this is far the hardest cuz im not even talking face to face with her. shes coming to orlando oct11, and ill be back in orlando too that weekend, so we might hang out there, but iuno lol

Everyone has their own definition of "relationship", and these days they can vary widely, but to me, a relationship doesn't start over AIM at a distance of seven hours. If something is going to "happen" with this girl, it's not going to be over the internet. Set something up for the time you two will be in the same place, and see what happens. If she goes for it, she's probably interested.

If you two almost never talked during the past four years and she suddenly starts talking to you for no apparent reason, I'd be careful before jumping to any conclusions. Considering that not only did you two rarely talk, but she's in another state seven hours away... I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, but maybe she just needs somebody "familiar" to talk to while she's away at college.

BTW, I love how you've been a member here for over two years and 25% of your posts are about a girl. :lol:;)

Every relationship I've had that started online fell apart extremely quickly. The first one I had that started offline after meeting someone, is still going strong for me 9 months later.

Like Verran said, online and long distance relationships aren't true relationships. I've been through plenty, and they'll only end up hurting both parties. Save yourself the pain.

BTW, I love how you've been a member here for over two years and 25% of your posts are about a girl. :lol:;)

haha....that made me laugh. but yeah - i wouldn't even consider dating someone who lived 7 hours away. not even 2 or 3. it wouldn't be worth it. it may be if you've dated someone locally for a good time (at least a couple of years and it's a serious relationship) and they have to move away for several months, i could handle that. but not if you're STARTING a relationship from 7 hours away. nuhuh.

What the hell are you doing IMing a girl for 3 hours??? That is rediculous! Grow a pair and limit those conversations to 20 mins tops! Show her whose boss...

Geez... nothing says nerd like IMing a "girl" for 3 hours who lives 7 hours away and immediately thinking that maybe she wants to have a "relationship" with you.

Unless she is smokin hot, and I mean smokin, you should just meet for lunch, hit it, drop her off at the local McDonalds, and then block her on IM... if you take what Im saying lightly, I guarantee you will cry yourself to sleep at the end of all this...

now, not in an attempt to get your hopes up, but maybe just maybe its like my situation, just the reverse.

i started talking to a girl on aim that i liked for about 8 years, maybe she liked you all those years in HS but couldnt tell you?

thats exactly how it was with me.

now, in my situation, we never dated or anything, nor is there any interest from her side. :sigh: oh well.

but like others have said, dont take a convo on aim for anything more then that. hit her up in orlando and go from there.

she wants something. and since you seem to be lacking what she needs....

stop at the nearest wallmart, go to the sporting goods section... and buy your self a pair of _____

While Red and I share the same opinion on this, I would recommend you not go to Wal-mart. They are Satan's store. That is all.

C