Surge Protection; what do you use?

sdy284

Surge Protection  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use to protect your PC from surges?

• Surge Protector
    • UPS
    • I have a whole-house surge protection system
    • I just unplug my PC when it storms
    • I just plug into the wall / power strip & hope for the best!

In all fairness, the only reason the laptop is plugged into anything at all is because the outlet is full and the surge supressor has an opening. If I had a closer outlet free, I would be using it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a surge protector, but i only use it for the outlets. i'm not particularly concerned with a "surge" that's going to blow my system up, as i've gone my entire life without ever having an appliance die from a surge or lightning. and i've always left my computers plugged in and normally on, too.

i have a surge protector, but i only use it for the outlets. i'm not particularly concerned with a "surge" that's going to blow my system up, as i've gone my entire life without ever having an appliance die from a surge or lightning. and i've always left my computers plugged in and normally on, too.

:withstupid:

at home the surge protection is built into the house... but I don't trust it 100% so EVERYTHING is on a UPS of some kind.

at the data center and the parks server rooms there are 2 levels of APC's (large full room style and individual) in addition to built into the building and a generator. the UPS's are only to hold things up in the 2 seconds before the generators fire up.

the rest of the parks all have just regular UPS's on the workstations.