Do you use an onboard or aftermarket soundcard?

sdy284

Soundcards...  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use onboard sound or have an aftermarket soundcard?

• Onboard
    • Aftermarket
    • I use a laptop & use onboard sound
    • I use a laptop & use aftermarket sound (usb soundcards)

I actually needed to buy my Audigy because at the time I wanted to do recording using ASIO, which my onboard sound couldnt do, and it raped my CPU. Don't know if I notice much difference in output quality, tbh I havn't used onboard since I got the card. Unfortuantely a lot of my music is recorded in lossy formats so thats not a true test anyway :(

Edited by p4blo32

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where's the option for desktop with USB? I still use the soundblaster extigy. why? it has worked flawlessly for many years, it sounds fine, runs my speakers fine, gives me centeral control and a desktop interface for all my volume controls, and also has inputs coming from two other systems that may or may not be at my desk (total of 3 systems sharing my nice sound system in my office)

I think aftermarket covers this one quite well.

Well last week, we polled the OCC members on what type of speaker configuration they were running. Along the same lines, this week, for OCC Poll #14, we're asking this: Do you use onboard sound? Or have an aftermarket sound card? With so many people running 5.1 setups, it'll be interesting to see who's actually running an aftermarket card.

**Note, this applies to your MAIN computer only!

Like all OCC Polls, this one will end in one week. (June 10th)

i'm using a good old Audigy 2 ZS

i thought there were PCMCIA sound cards... you should add those.

I've got a M-Audio 2496 installed in my beast. Allows me to push digital audio via digital coaxial cable. Also, I have my other beast pushing audio in via digital coax to my M-Audio card then back out to my receiver. Digital is the way to go!!!!

i thought there were PCMCIA sound cards... you should add those.

yea thats included under laptop & aftermarket sound cards. I was just giving USB soundcards as an example

Don't forget that this poll ends tomorrow (10th June) - which means you won't be able to:

a) Vote

or

b) Comment

...so register your interest and sound solution while you still can :)