Wont accept the compensation?

Silverfox

I found this on the BBC News website by accident. Class!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/po...88616/img/1.jpg

"A single building is left standing on a mound of earth after its owner refused an offer of compensation from the land developer, who proceeded to dig around it in western China's Chongqing municipality. Photo: AP"

1.jpg

doubt there is enough room to land a chopper!

They will have to have one of those long rope like ladders hanging from it or a basket and and have the pilot park outside that area and call the pilot to come get them when they want to leave :P

Edit: one of these

Edited by road-runner

Hell at least they offered him compensation. Typically the Chinese government will just bulldoze your house without asking; just give you enough time to pack up your stuff and leave.

:withstupid:

• 1 month later...
Hell at least they offered him compensation. Typically the Chinese government will just bulldoze your house without asking; just give you enough time to pack up your stuff and leave.

They usually won't give you time to pack up. You'll be thrown out of your house (literally) and then watch it bulldozed.

They usually won't give you time to pack up. You'll be thrown out of your house (literally) and then watch it bulldozed.

Well, I think a few people are grossly mislead. I have a good few friends from China on my course and it's not anywhere near as bad as the Western media would have you believe :lol:

If they were gonna bulldoze it, they would have. China is opening up and becoming a capitalist economy, albeit slowly...they have to have a democracy sooner or later :D

I saw an update on this story a while ago, but didn't post it in here.

6a00c2252572a68fdb00d09eb.jpg

April 9th-

"The architectural version of the tank-stopping kid standing in Tianenmen Square was pulled down last week. Wu Ping and wife Yang Wu's "nail house," which stood in defiance of local developers hoping to put up a shopping mall, became a cause celebre in China, as the defiant couple refused to sign the papers even as their surrounding neighborhood was razed into something resembling New York's Ground Zero.

Developers apparently sweetened the pot; Wu Ping and the missus, once so prominently in the spotlight, have "gone dark," with no recent appearances in the media, and their house recently saw the tender ministrations of a bulldozer and wrecking ball. The couple has apparently received a large cash payout and a residential spot in a neighboring high-rise. Cue theme music to "The Jeffersons.""

Via - Core77 (via Chicago Tribune)