OCC Review: Thermaltake Armor Case

sdy284

Thermaltake Armor Review

91x17-digg-button.gif

Do you have a tired, old, flimsy case that's not doing the components inside any justice? Are those components in your case overheating due to poor airflow? Well ThermalTake to the rescue yet again, this time with their giant Armor series case! And this thing is definitely a layer of armor for your delicate components. Ever since the company was founded in 1999 ThermalTake has always been known for manufacturing large, heavy duty cases. ThermalTake has provided us with the biggest and baddest case in their lineup, the ThermalTake Armor w/window. Today we will be taking a look into this monster of a case, paying attention to the workings, the compatibility, and of course, the functionality of this case and its components.

Having personally owned this one and worked on them they are a great case and it has a ton of room, but the weight is just brutal that is my only complaint about it. :(

I agree with bosco. I have one too, and it's a really nice case, but it's VERY heavy. By the time I've got all my hardware in it plus water gear, it's heavy enough where I really don't like moving it at all. Luckily I don't LAN much anymore, or this case would have to get retired. I like it though because it's so roomy and it's very moddable.

42 pounds empty... i was actually sore from just moving it around to review it!

the review says 16.2kg & 16.2kg = 35.7148865lbs

:glare:

I see no mention of you actually weighing the case in the review, so i'm going with the manufacturer specs :withstupid:

the review says 16.2kg & 16.2kg = 35.7148865lbs

:glare:

I see no mention of you actually weighing the case in the review, so i'm going with the manufacturer specs :withstupid:

o.O the shipping reciept says 42 pounds, must be all the box and packign material.

o.O the shipping reciept says 42 pounds, must be all the box and packign material.

LOL! I used to do shipping for a year or so. Take it from me, those shipping weights are rarely right. After a few weeks of individually weighing 100s of boxes a day, you start guessing :) The difference in price between 37lbs. and 42lbs. (as an example) is small enough for neither side of the arrangement to care that much, and guessing saves loads of time.

I have an Armor (although without the huge fan). I agree that the review was a bit brief, but there's only so much you can say about a case without rambling like an idiot. ;) Anywho, I didn't like the toolless nonsense, so I just took it out and used screws. It's a great case with tons of room and good cooling options though. But, that said, I bought a CM Stacker (original) last week and am in the process of modding it to fit a PA120.3 radiator along the bottom. :D