Mooninites cause "BOMB" scare inBoston

Andrewr05

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't bother reading the forum because I don't care to listen to a bunch of fanboys splurt crap. IMO, Turner Broadcasting made a big mistake, and they'll surely be billed for it. It was idiotic, immature, naive and totally irresponsible.

Didn't bother reading the forum because I don't care to listen to a bunch of fanboys splurt crap. IMO, Turner Broadcasting made a big mistake, and they'll surely be billed for it. It was idiotic, immature, naive and totally irresponsible.

*sigh* Clay... always playing "devil's advocate"...

Every adjective you used to describe Turner was way too harsh for the situation.

So you don't think it's completely irresponsible for someone to go set up an electronic device in some public place and then walk away, without notifying anyone of what they just did? I don't know where they were placed in NYC, but I can assure you, if someone spotted them doing so, there would have been an uproar there too. The MTA adopted a "See something, say something" policy...if any person sees anything suspicious, like a bag left behind on a train, they're supposed to notify authorities. Several times trains, sometimes whole stations), have been shut down for what turns out to be ordinary bags/packages.

I hate Boston, so trust me, I'd jump at the opportunity to laugh and mock them...but I don't see how this is the city's fault.

So you don't think it's completely irresponsible for someone to go set up an electronic device in some public place and then walk away, without notifying anyone of what they just did? I don't know where they were placed in NYC, but I can assure you, if someone spotted them doing so, there would have been an uproar there too. The MTA adopted a "See something, say something" policy...if any person sees anything suspicious, like a bag left behind on a train, they're supposed to notify authorities. Several times trains, sometimes whole stations), have been shut down for what turns out to be ordinary bags/packages.

I hate Boston, so trust me, I'd jump at the opportunity to laugh and mock them...but I don't see how this is the city's fault.

Irresponsible? No. A little presumptuous, sure! Either way, while I dont think Boston should have freaked out to the scale they did, I cant say im suprised.

Your right, places get shut down all the time when someone forgets their briefcase on the bus, but it hardly ever makes national news. Having a whole city shriek like a startled woman is what put this on my TV in Seattle...

Your right, places get shut down all the time when someone forgets their briefcase on the bus, but it hardly ever makes national news. Having a whole city shriek like a startled woman is what put this on my TV in Seattle...

:withstupid: Expertly phrased. My sentiments exactly.

let me wholeheartedly assure you NOTHING would have been said in the other cities unless someone of asian/arabic appearance had done it. that is the simple paranoid truth about it all.

a dash of common sense would be utilised very effectively. when was the last time a terrorist put a bomb in broad daylight?

I heard Boston spend 3/4 million dollars on getting these things removed. I can see how Boston reacted as they did, if these things had been bombs it would have cost them much more money than it already has. IMO the chances it was a bomb are slim to none I really wish people werent so paranoid.

I heard Boston spend 3/4 million dollars on getting these things removed. I can see how Boston reacted as they did, if these things had been bombs it would have cost them much more money than it already has. IMO the chances it was a bomb are slim to none I really wish people werent so paranoid.

Thats has to be bull. 3/4million to do what pickup and throw away signs? What did they make specially designed bomb robots made of pure gold/platinum/diamonds to dispose of the LED signs????? Seriously with advertising like this they wouldn't put a lot just some here and there to cause some buzz amongst the public.

Edited by caffeinejunkie

I think you must have mis-heard...there's no way they spent $750k. The only real added cost was the overtime for police/emergency services people they called in, and I can't imagine that would be anywhere close to that much.

Im not disagreeing that TBS was wrong or that they were idiots for not telling the Boston authorities before doing this, I am just saying that Boston could have handled this a little better...

A small discrete "task-force" would have been sufficient to realize that these are not life threatening and that they are "ONLY" led's on a circuit board.

Instead they chose to get a full swat team and police force down there and "BLOW" this whole incident up... (by attracting the press, and I know they know that we know that the severity of this "incident" would be quadrupled by the news within minutes)

AND it has nothing to do with being a "FAN BOY" either, if it had been a fricken pokemon, simpsons or some other random popular character on the "devices" I would be saying the same thing...

Edited by Andrewr05