Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably because there isn't one. ;)

:withstupid: There are none. I ran OCCT a few times and ended up settling for 3600 on 1.525 vcore bios setting and changed drives back to linux added a second client and its folding....

Edit: I put the quad where my E6850 was. My DQ6 came back yesterday so I am putting it and the E6850 back together and upstairs to Fold also....

SuperPi 1M: 13.422s

3810 MHz

Q6600 G0 - water

screen073yv3.th.jpg

OH YEAH!

3rd place in ya face! :lol:

I guess I will have to put the windows drive back in. Since the rules have changed to running a single instance only, I think the scores need to be wiped clean and start over instead of comparing apples to oranges. I surely am not installing windows on every rig I have and rerun the benches...

I think All-core runs should be kept, but just the MHz speed, not the time, as a stability level... like the 939 thread... it is harder to pass on all cores without a doubt, so I run all cores when testing stability... the current results would be ordered by MHz speed

and then make a new single instance timed leaderboard :)

I don't actually care about single instance runs... they don't really show stability of the full cpu... Rehit's 3800mhz 13.375s score is not a simultaneous run

Edited by hardnrg

i have yet to understand the concept of running 4 instances on a quad chip or two on a dual.

when you run a single instance it seems like it is using all the cores on both type chips if you monitor the temps.

running more than one instance is just doubling or quadrupling the load on the CPU which results in greatly increased temperatures.

to me this seems to give the people with the least amount of cores a distinct advantage due to cooling.

basically kicking the high performance chips to the end of the heap up front.

is the running of more than one instance intended to work like a handicap in golf and level the playing field?

it is also a major PIA to set up 4 seperate instances of the program and to set the affinity to each core every time you make a run.

it does matter if you do it that way, the result when you do not set the affinity to each core is different than when you do set it.

i would assume that is why the option to set the affinity is available.

i am not trying to start an argument, i am just trying to understand the logic behind running multiple instances.

the last scores i posted for super pi are indeed single instance runs, but i posted them after kingdingeling relaxed the rules.

BTW... i am in 2nd place on 32M... :lol:

perhaps my times will improve when my Raptor gets here next week.

I think All-core runs should be kept, but just the MHz speed, not the time, as a stability level... like the 939 thread... it is harder to pass on all cores without a doubt, so I run all cores when testing stability... the current results would be ordered by MHz speed

and then make a new single instance timed leaderboard :)

:withstupid: