Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

It just crashed running prime95 at 3.6GHz 1.47 Vcore in the BIOS. I guess the Gigabyte DS4 I had before kinna corrupted my views on Vdroop, as my CPU would drop from 1.4 to 1.36 at worst. On this DFI, it's crazy! Like right now, I have the BIOS to like 1.50 or something, and CPU-Z tells me 1.424, same as the DFI Smart Guardian (1.42 there). what the heck?!?!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just crashed running prime95 at 3.6GHz 1.47 Vcore in the BIOS. I guess the Gigabyte DS4 I had before kinna corrupted my views on Vdroop, as my CPU would drop from 1.4 to 1.36 at worst. On this DFI, it's crazy! Like right now, I have the BIOS to like 1.50 or something, and CPU-Z tells me 1.424, same as the DFI Smart Guardian (1.42 there). what the heck?!?!

The quads require a good MB. and I think a 8 pin cpu plug helps also. From what I have read vdroop is bad on all the cheaper 4 pin plug boards. You might try the newest bios also, it help on my DS3R and DS4.

Edit: Folding 3915Mhz 58c-61c

This chip is amazing, I put my Crucial Ballistics 8500 RMA in yesterday evening and did not have any time to really mess with it. I found out for one thing I was giving my cpu excess volts. I am at 1.525 setting in the bios and slowly moving up my OC. I am at 3960 right now...

My first post here, and i like the forum very much. Looking forward to being around here for some time.

Anyway, this is my entry for the 1m superpi database.

normal_Dual-pi-4_5.JPG

Hopefully all the relevent bits are there to get me in the database, if not please let me know and i will redo it.

My first post here, and i like the forum very much. Looking forward to being around here for some time.

Hopefully all the relevent bits are there to get me in the database, if not please let me know and i will redo it.

Welcome to OCC! :) Nice OC. I probably couldn't even get my poor CPU to POST at 4GHz, forget about SPi 1M at 4.5...

Nice, welcome to OCC BTW. I also found that I can pass OCCT but not Prime 95 ver. 25.4 for quads without adding a little more voltage

Welcome to OCC! :) Nice OC. I probably couldn't even get my poor CPU to POST at 4GHz, forget about SPi 1M at 4.5...

Just shove it under Phase, you'll get it there :)

Nice, welcome to OCC BTW. I also found that I can pass OCCT but not Prime 94 ver. 25.4 for quads without adding a little more voltage

Not running a Quad myself, but my rig runs at 4.1gig 24/7. I hav'nt got a 24hr Orthos run to post because all the other forums i belong to only require 8hr runs. But i'll post up a 24hr run when i get time to do one. In the mean time i'll post the screenie below.

normal_4104-orthos-3d01.JPG

Just shove it under Phase, you'll get it there :)

Not running a Quad myself, but my rig runs at 4.1gig 24/7. I hav'nt got a 24hr Orthos run to post because all the other forums i belong to only require 8hr runs. But i'll post up a 24hr run when i get time to do one. In the mean time i'll post the screenie below.

Actually that was directed @ King, sorry about that. I was letting him know that passing OCCT with a quad can fail on prime 95 and SMP Folding I have found out...