Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to only get to you this late, but I was in Edinburgh, Scotland for a week as a class trip.

For questions OCing, you might also want to check out the 775 OCing guide in this section, it mainly lists general information but it might help.

sorry to only get to you this late, but I was in Edinburgh, Scotland for a week as a class trip.

For questions OCing, you might also want to check out the 775 OCing guide in this section, it mainly lists general information but it might help.

I'll check it out. I am way to used to overclocking my MSI K8N Neo2 Plat.

Ok, right ow I am at 3GHz with the stock cooler. It runs at 65c load with FAH and Orthos at this setting, though. Time to get out a better cooler. I currently have the vcore at stock, SPP at 1.5, HTT at 1.5, and FSB at 1.4. I'll keep it here for a while and put a new cooler on tomorrow. Then I'll tweak it a little bit more and dial in the RAM.

Any advice is welcome.

EDIT: This morning I installed the CoolIT Eliminator. I haven't changed the overclock, but I am running ~19c idle and ~35c load with Orthos. I have room to grow now!

Are you sure its off? Looks to me like its on. On the Gigabyte boards its called EIST.

CPU-Z says the multi is 6 and it is 9. It shows it at 2100MHz instead of 3.2GHz.

EDIT: Oh, you mean SpeedStep. Duh... Yes, I'm sure it is off. CPU-Z just suddenly shows the right speed now. Wierd.