Mac Vs Pc...the Final Confrontation

sdy284

apple still lacks a scroll wheel.

Actually I thought so too, until i kept brushing up against some little ball in the middle of a Mac mouse I used...

INTRODUCING: MIGHTY MOUSE

:rolleyes:Mighty Mouse

As much as I don't like Mac's, it is actually quite nice...

It has touch sensitive thingamajigs underneath the top, so that it can tell whether you want to press the left or right button.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, Apple released a two-button mouse a while ago. In fact, OS X has had right-click menus built in even before all the desktops officially switched to two-button mice. The funny thing is that they made the switch so seamlessly that nobody really noticed. <_<

Ah, but I should reiterate the fact that they did this for their desktop lines. The laptops still have single buttons, which is a shame. :(

Ok, but do those 2-button mice come with the Mac on purchase or do you have purchase it separately.

Also, I don't hate Macs but it's those Mac-Zealots that ruin it for me.

apple still lacks a scroll wheel. that's waht the mud slinging campaign is all about.

jealousy

What about that ball thingy on the Mighty Mouse? Looks like you can scroll just fine with that. Heck, you can scroll sideways with that thing too. It's like a mini-trackball on top of the mouse.

001.jpg

What about that ball thingy on the Mighty Mouse? Looks like you can scroll just fine with that. Heck, you can scroll sideways with that thing too. It's like a mini-trackball on top of the mouse.

Read the whole thread before posting :rolleyes:

:P

Ok, but do those 2-button mice come with the Mac on purchase or do you have purchase it separately.

Also, I don't hate Macs but it's those Mac-Zealots that ruin it for me.

They come with it now.

I hate the Apple community and philosophy, but I like the product.

Here is something that happened yesterday:

Less than a month ago, I bought a macbook. When I brought it home, I noticed that it had a very slight problem, which is that on the panel around the screen, one spot clicks if you push on it. No big deal, but after spending over $1000 on something, I want it to feel solid. I decided that I'd take it to the Apple store the next time I went to the mall. Yesterday, we were going to the mall to buy a new couch, so I took my Macbook. I went to a guy in the Apple store and asked about it. He said it was very minor, but I said that even if it is just an adhesive thing, It bugs me. He then said the kicker:

That is by design!

I walked out of the store fuming. Why couldn't he just acknowledge that it was a problem? I wasn't asking for a replacement, just for them to apply some adhesive. I only wish that something I paid a lot of money for would not arrive physically defective. I would have gone to one of their "geniuses", but it was a Saturday and the store was completely packed.

Actually I thought so too, until i kept brushing up against some little ball in the middle of a Mac mouse I used...

INTRODUCING: MIGHTY MOUSE

:rolleyes:Mighty Mouse

As much as I don't like Mac's, it is actually quite nice...

It has touch sensitive thingamajigs underneath the top, so that it can tell whether you want to press the left or right button.

I'm sorry, but that looks like the stupidest thing ever.

I'm sorry, but that looks like the stupidest thing ever.

ipods looked stupid to me at first, as did the mac "lampshade" thing, with the swingy arm screen - but they are both some of the best products made in the last 5 or so years.

i bet the mouse is dead good tho - apple are not retarded in their design department - they probably have some of the best designers in the world working for them!

ipods looked stupid to me at first, as did the mac "lampshade" thing, with the swingy arm screen - but they are both some of the best products made in the last 5 or so years.

i bet the mouse is dead good tho - apple are not retarded in their design department - they probably have some of the best designers in the world working for them!

:withstupid: macs are dummy proof :P most of apple's products are simple, like the majority of people in the world like it IE: the mighty mouse, the ipod, macs

its true. they are intuitive and easy to use.

***once people get it in their heads they are NOT the same as the regular PC***

i dont like macs, but i dont pretend they are rubbish - it would be silly to suggest it. i just prefer the flexibility offered to me elsewhere.

but you have to admit, while ipods are the best and EVERYONE has one, they do look and work rather well!