Treacherous Computing Group

swifty11212

im just wondering, with the introduction such evil, will it impact the overclocking community? this has me wondering, and i hear that there are plans on making "old" computers unable to use the internet while only computers with the TCG *bs* chip can access it. and yes i posted in the right section since this seems to only affect microsoft's os (perhaps apple) but certainly not linux.

edit: just read this site, intertesting read (if not posted already)

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

edit 2: title should have the question as "will it affect all aspects of computing?"

If this ever happened the only thing I would use windows for is games. DRM is the first step! :glare:

digital restriction management sure does suck :(

and yes, i think its time that i become fluent in linux like how i am in windows so i can handle it if it does happen, if i want to use linux on a prebuilt, i should be able to and not be restricted from doing so...

Don't pirate on Windows and only use it for games and you're safe.

EDIT: I read the first couple paragraphs, and it sounds quite a bit like, GASP, OVERHYPED PROPAGANDA!

When it happens to the degree they're expecting I'll believe it. Otherwise, it sounds like GNU is trying to get more support for themselves.

lol surprised noone has mentioned the fact that if it even happens...linux will become HUGE and it will KILL ms's income.

i mean honestly, who around here will buy another ms product if that happens?