What Is Your Iq?

martymcfly

IQ  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your IQ? (legitimate tests only, not online)

• 80-89
    • 90-99
    • 100-109
    • 110-119
    • 120-129
    • 130-139
    • 140-149
    • 150-159
    • 160-170

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a proper MENSA test and scored 128 when I was in primary school, but I havn't taken one since. I think IQ tests are a load of b******s, and don't refect a person's true intelligence.

Yea cause the IQ test i did was only 30 questions!

And i couldn't believe my score...

I think I got a 146 or something. But whatever, this poll is stupid. Not just because IQ means crap, but also because every IQ test is different and unless you take an official mensa one, the scoring can be different as well (and even with the official mensa tests, apparently there had been issues with scoring differences over the years).

So marty, you may think you're so smart with your high score, and madman, so dumb because of your low one, but in the end you're both dumb if you believe in those scores :P

:withstupid:

IQ tests were just designed by "smart" people as another way to brag about their intelligence.

I've taken a couple of tests and I've done well, but it doesn't mean anything to me. What matters is how hard I study for my classes. Having a 140+ IQ doesn't automatically get you an A in class, studying 10 hours a week does. Plus, you don't put your IQ on your resume, so I guess it's really not that important when it comes to the real life, is it?

as whole, IQ tests, and any other standardized tests are inherently flawed as a means of measuring intelligence or skills. They all take something amorphous and immeasurable and try to quantify to it. And that is where the problems lie.

It really just measures how well you can take that particular test, and not what it is trying to measure. Intelligence is very specific to individuals and tasks.

For instance, when my father was in school he was told that his IQ level was not that of a college student. He went to college (Ivy league), then med school, and has since done immunology research, practiced medicine, and consulting and management. He is the best doctor I've ever known and still knows more than most people practicing in the field today. His IQ test was completely off.

In addition, I have a background in psychology, and often times we discussed the testing structure and accuracy of IQ tests, always coming to the conclusion that they are truly meaningless.

So, sorry for those that score high, but it don't mean crap. And sorry for those who think they are not intelligent for scoring low. All standardized tests are good for are putting folks along tracks in life that may limit or hinder their true abilities.

My 2 cents.

:withstupid:

IQ tests were just designed by "smart" people as another way to brag about their intelligence.

I've taken a couple of tests and I've done well, but it doesn't mean anything to me. What matters is how hard I study for my classes. Having a 140+ IQ doesn't automatically get you an A in class, studying 10 hours a week does. Plus, you don't put your IQ on your resume, so I guess it's really not that important when it comes to the real life, is it?

lol. If I ever have to interview people for a position and see an IQ score listed, that resume's getting a one-way ticket to my trash can.

I agree that they are indeed meaningless, but I was just curious to see if a normal curve would develop and I wanted to see the average IQ of our forum members because knowing about computers is often associated with having a high IQ.

Here are some ranges:

140 and over..........Genius or near genius

I am a 156.

I agree that they are indeed meaningless

Maybe it's just me, but somehow there's irony in what I see as conflicting statements