What Is Your Iq?

martymcfly

IQ  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your IQ? (legitimate tests only, not online)

• 80-89
    • 90-99
    • 100-109
    • 110-119
    • 120-129
    • 130-139
    • 140-149
    • 150-159
    • 160-170

From the tone of your post, it just seemed as though you're boasting about being in the "above genius" category. So you're a "gifted" student who happens to be really ahead in school and goes to some special smart people school. Congratulations. But it still doesn't PROVE anything. Things change as you grow older, especially when you get to college. Trust me, my IQ isn't too far from yours, but it doesn't mean I can not go to class and expect to get an A. Granted, I study far less than my peers, but having a high IQ just doesn't mean diddly squat.

A guy with a 90 IQ could study his butt off for a class while his friend with a 140 IQ could just go to class and not do any extra work. Who gets the better grade? The guy who studies more. Sure, he has a lower IQ, but he's obviously the smarter one for studying while his friend sat on his butt.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ripping into you, it's just that I hate people who put so much emphasis on a stupid number.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Years ago, my psychologist and psychiatrist agreed to estimate my IQ at 175. I don't mean to brag, I hate to brag, I don't feel the need to make myself seem better than others, but its the least I can get for having missing connection between the two sides of my brain.

By the way, a word of warning for anybody here that has young children. My doctors seem to indicate that the death of the connections between the two sides of my brain was due to my food cbeing exposed to aluminum, which recently has been proven to go through the palate of your mouth and enter your brain, then kill brain cell. Stay away from aluminum, small amounts don't matter, but back in europe we used aluminum wraping for everything. Just saying you know, just felt like sharing knowledge in the slightess glimpse that it might help someone.

I voted earlier and just wanted to post my feelings about IQ scores. While they can't really measure intelligence because its not measurable, they can be used to show direct relationships between other things. There have been hundreds, maybe even thousands of tests that show having a higher IQ directly corresponds to a higher GPA. That does not mean that the person with the lower GPA cannot do well. I personally estimate my IQ to be a little above average. As far as I know IQ measures mostly reasoning and mathematics skills.

I was the kid in HS who did not study for any test and never did my homework unless it was going to be graded. I managed a 3.8 GPA with a 1210 SAT score on my first attempt without studying for that. I also earned straight A's in every science and math course I have ever taken with the exception of Chemistry(I just don't like it). In college, so far I haven't studied for any test or done any homework unless it was going to be graded and I have 3 A's and one C. The C is in Chemistry and I just don't like chemistry.

What I'm trying to say is that IQ's are relevant when it comes to understanding and applying "book smarts." What they don't show is street smarts. Like bigred was saying, someone with an extremely high IQ can go and do something completely dumb that makes no sense while the person with lower IQ sits on the sideline and laughs at them. The person with the lower IQ can score as high as a "genius" he just has to try harder.

In conclusion(I feel like I'm writing some sort of essay) don't just blow off IQ scores altogether because they are relevant. There are tons of tests and tons of research that has been done concerning them.

I voted earlier and just wanted to post my feelings about IQ scores. While they can't really measure intelligence because its not measurable, they can be used to show direct relationships between other things. There have been hundreds, maybe even thousands of tests that show having a higher IQ directly corresponds to a higher GPA. That does not mean that the person with the lower GPA cannot do well. I personally estimate my IQ to be a little above average. As far as I know IQ measures mostly reasoning and mathematics skills.

I was the kid in HS who did not study for any test and never did my homework unless it was going to be graded. I managed a 3.8 GPA with a 1210 SAT score on my first attempt without studying for that. I also earned straight A's in every science and math course I have ever taken with the exception of Chemistry(I just don't like it). In college, so far I haven't studied for any test or done any homework unless it was going to be graded and I have 3 A's and one C. The C is in Chemistry and I just don't like chemistry.

What I'm trying to say is that IQ's are relevant when it comes to understanding and applying "book smarts." What they don't show is street smarts. Like bigred was saying, someone with an extremely high IQ can go and do something completely dumb that makes no sense while the person with lower IQ sits on the sideline and laughs at them. The person with the lower IQ can score as high as a "genius" he just has to try harder.

In conclusion(I feel like I'm writing some sort of essay) don't just blow off IQ scores altogether because they are relevant. There are tons of tests and tons of research that has been done concerning them.

Its true, Im don't ever really let numbers control you're life. They apply to different people in different ways. For example, I do very bad grades in school because I don't like school, I don't like this control they excert and basically tell you "do what we want you to or else you're gonna be a bum". Its like the whole God thing, these people are basically stating "be good or god will spank you". I hate being controlled, I allready get enough of that from myself as it is.

2 Years ago, my psychologist and psychiatrist agreed to estimate my IQ at 175. I don't mean to brag, I hate to brag, I don't feel the need to make myself seem better than others, but its the least I can get for having missing connection between the two sides of my brain.

By the way, a word of warning for anybody here that has young children. My doctors seem to indicate that the death of the connections between the two sides of my brain was due to my food cbeing exposed to aluminum, which recently has been proven to go through the palate of your mouth and enter your brain, then kill brain cell. Stay away from aluminum, small amounts don't matter, but back in europe we used aluminum wraping for everything. Just saying you know, just felt like sharing knowledge in the slightess glimpse that it might help someone.

I was reading an article about some scientists who are experimenting on recreating it safely. They estimated that it could be used on humans without damaging any parts of the brain that cause side-effects, and they reckon they could 'tune' your ability to different areas (language/coordination/math).

Just guessing, but are you per chance any good at mental math? :P

I was reading an article about some scientists who are experimenting on recreating it safely. They estimated that it could be used on humans without damaging any parts of the brain that cause side-effects, and they reckon they could 'tune' your ability to different areas (language/coordination/math).

Just guessing, but are you per chance any good at mental math? :P

To some extent, I don't consider myself better than anyone, I mean; I can do quick basic math, but sobody is gonna give one of those 465=456/6456*643+cheese=?, you know what I mean, Im not a genius at math, but I did create some very interesting pieces of cryptography, I wonder if their any good?????

465=456/6456*643+cheese=?
That's the equation for a ham sandwich. Hence the addition of cheese.

My parents wouldn't even tell me my IQ, though I was gifted and the 'smart kid', so I assume it's "above average". Now that I'm in college, I'm nothing special. The fact is, it doesn't matter how "smart" you are. There is ALWAYS someone smarter. I had a 33 on my ACT (the highest ever from my high school) and have discovered in college that I'm basically a dumbass.

One possible trend I've noticed amongst people of 'higher intelligence' is they have less 'common sense'.

psychotic_god -- so is it that somehow the corpus callosum has been physically severed? Or is it that chemicals can not cross the callosum? Or am i wrong entirely?

hockeyrcks -- Studies that show links between IQ and other factors may simply show them based on the specifics of the study. I can find an equal number of studies showing that IQ is not reliable or relevant.

Yea, I wasn't saying that IQ is the only thing that influences grades. In fact it is the complete opposite. The persons studying habits, issues with family, how interested they are in the class, etc, all contribute to grades. What I meant was is that in general, people with higher IQ have higher GPAs.

wow. ok. ummm.... IQ means nothing. work ethics is whats going to get anything done. and all you smart kids know this. you know that those kids in your classes that actually have to listen to the teacher to understand what they are learning, those kids who actually have to study. they have work ethics. people like that. employers like that. they dont care what you got on your SAT, and definitely not your ACT. they dont care how well you did in school, they care about how hard you are willing to work.

IQ does not equal GPA. at all. in fact, most intelligent kids, get lower GPA's, not real low, but not 4.0's, because they are lazy. the high GPA kids are the ones that are overachievers and whatnot, not the brilliant ones.

there are 2 types of people in this world. those that work hard to get where they are. and those that are intelligent enough that they do minimal work to get by, because they are lazy, and are intelligent enough to walk in and ace a test they have never studied for. if you want to talk about scary. try combining the 2. its rare. and i dont know what would happen. i really dont. maybe they would become a dictator or something.

wow. ok. ummm.... IQ means nothing. work ethics is whats going to get anything done. and all you smart kids know this. you know that those kids in your classes that actually have to listen to the teacher to understand what they are learning, those kids who actually have to study. they have work ethics. people like that. employers like that. they dont care what you got on your SAT, and definitely not your ACT. they dont care how well you did in school, they care about how hard you are willing to work.

IQ does not equal GPA. at all. in fact, most intelligent kids, get lower GPA's, not real low, but not 4.0's, because they are lazy. the high GPA kids are the ones that are overachievers and whatnot, not the brilliant ones.

there are 2 types of people in this world. those that work hard to get where they are. and those that are intelligent enough that they do minimal work to get by, because they are lazy, and are intelligent enough to walk in and ace a test they have never studied for. if you want to talk about scary. try combining the 2. its rare. and i dont know what would happen. i really dont. maybe they would become a dictator or something.

If that was in away directed at me then you misunderstood my posts. I agree with you except that employers do want someone who knows what hes doing. Not just someone who will work hard. If you work hard at designing a microprocessor but have no idea what you are doing...you're not going to get very far. Also, if you don't work at all but could design a microprocessor in 3 minutes you won't get very far. You have to have both.