Favorite Writing Utensil

DECwakeboarder

What would be your prefered writing utensil?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What would be your prefered writing utensil?

• Ink pen
    • Standard pencil
    • Mechanical pencil

So you have to take a quick note. Or maybe you're going to class and have to jot down a few things the professor says. Maybe you're heading off to a huge meeting at your company and will need to jot down a few things along the way. Which writing utensil would you pick?

I didn't really include math work type things because normal you would need a pencil anyways, so if you're doing math, which type of pencil do you use, mechanical or a standard pencil?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usually i have to use a pen cos you can't really sign things and right documents in pencil cos they can kinda get rubbed out. but if i had my way i would use a mechanical pencil all the time cos it feels like ur writing with silk.

so go mechanical pencils!

Pencils. Fun to write with, easy to correct mistakes with. But, it's hard to find decent pencils nowadays. All the pencils now, the graphite always falls out, the wood is rather soft, and they sharpen like crap.

Now, take pencils from seven years ago, and THOSE were good pencils. I have three from seven/eight years ago. The good thing about those, was that the graphite never fell out, the wood was durable, and the shavings coiled. That's what ultimately determins if a pencil is good or not, shaving coils.

No coilz = t3h sux

Mad coilz = t3h roxx

I'm a fan of pen too, but I use a mechanical pencil whenever I'm doing math/chem/physics stuff. Really anything where I'm working out problems I will use a pencil, but other than that it's always a pen. I can't seem to find a decent pen though, anytime I use one it will always cut out sporatically...I think that maybe a gel insert would fix this?

i use a pen for everything except math, and shopclass, (i have to do alot of sketches) i which case i use a normal pencil(mechanical pencils tick me off so dang much with that small lead stuff, just a pain in the @$$, with a normal pencil you just sharpen it and thats it)

god bless the ball point pen!!!!!

for writing i prefer the wet ink pens like a 0.7mm or 0.5mm, but i don't mind biros either...

for drafting i prefer regular pencils because they sharpen to a fine point rather than a blunt mechanical pencil - i work to millimetres or less usually

(nvidia-freak, get some daler-rowney or faber-castell pencils from an art shop) then a staedler 0.3mm pigment liner for final lines