Opty 146

suchuwato

Ok, so now i've actually got it all sorted and my windows works again, i'm going to be overclocking this :)

Anyone suggest a good place to start? I want to see what it can do with the IHS on before I remove it.

I've got it at 2.5 at the moment...

:ph34r:

Edited by lego

well whenever i overclock i start by pushing the fsb as far as it wants to go and then start fiddling with memory timings/voltages/cpu volatges, but i dont know if the same is true for an opty, heard they overclock pretty well just by raising the FSB...srry i cant be of more help, i got to get an opty soon....

well good luck with your opty and keep us posted!

start by finding the max of your cpu, by putting you mem on a divider, so you can take ram out of the equation. then find your max on the ram..

611121[/snapback]

Yep. I do the same. Slap a mega-divider on the ram and see how far the chip will go. Then, dial the ram in accordingly. With BH ram, I'd actually go with a 1:2 divider, since that stuff seems to fall off fast at high fsb.

It wouldn't boot windows at 2750

611125[/snapback]

Is that with a divider? I'm assuming you have vcore at stock? Have you bumped up the LDT and chipset voltages at all?

Also, are those temps at idle, or do you have water or better?

I'm going to try that in a bit...  vcore is a bit over stock

the temps are at idle...

611131[/snapback]

Most people seem to run LDT at 1.3 and chipset at 1.6 (both just bumped up one "notch").

As far as the ram divider... I think with TCCD you could test the chip at 5:6, but with BH I'd think 1:2 would be better until you find the ceiling.

As far as temps... what are you using to cool it, and how are your load temps? Have you used nrg's little program to check the "maxtcase" of your chip?

nope... can i have a linky? :)

611156[/snapback]

Linkage

I'm using an xp120 with AS5 and a 130cfm fan

611156[/snapback]

And how are the load temps? :P

Also, I started out with a 130cfm nicec beta v on my XP-120, and used my fan controller to dial it down, and I noticed that even with the beta v a little below 5v, my temps were still the same as full blast. It seems that anything over a certain cfm doesn't really make a difference on the XP-120. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you'd like to get rid of that loud finger-chopper :) I went from my 130cfm beta v to a 70ish cfm Tt smartfan and noticed no change in temps, but a substantial difference in noise :)

lmao lego, i like your avatar title :lol: im having a huge problem... i cant go past 3ghz 1:1 stable, and even @ 3ghz, it is NOT 24/7 stable, so this is a huge problem im facing. but nonetheless good luck, btw, im stable using a dividor but then whats the point in having ddr600 type ram... meh.

INCREASE YOUR VCORE - YOU ARE RISKING DESTROYING YOUR CPU

with your dram at 3.3, and your vcore below stock voltage, you are risking damaging your chip because the difference between (dram/2 : vcore) is too much

3.3/2 - 1.328 = 0.322v... and apparently anything greater than 0.3v is potentially harmful

so put the vcore to 1.45 at least, maybe 1.5... high vdimm and low vcore is bad