Tt Shark.

Guest Raven65

Guest Raven65

I'm wondering if I should do a fan mod on the side of my case. Either acrylic then 2 fans or just attach 2 fans to the side. My ambient temps are always room temp because of the open metal mesh on the side. Cpu temps are fine @ 37 full load and 26 idle. I'm thinking if i could lower the ambient temp inside the case the cpu and video temps would drop. Any other suggestions?

Well if your ambient temps are room temperature, and that wasn't a typo, then you can't get colder than that. You can't go below room temperature with nothing but a air heatsink...

Maybe I missed something here, but I hope that helps.

this is actually one time I'd suggest a window kit in place of that mesh. unfortunately the mesh only messes up case air pressure :( and I'd be willing to bet temps would DROP with it sealed up a little better.

this is actually one time I'd suggest a window kit in place of that mesh.  unfortunately the mesh only messes up case air pressure :(  and I'd be willing to bet temps would DROP with it sealed up a little better.

612048[/snapback]

i agree - try sealing that mesh with some cardboard and tape and see if you nice any temp differnces, that way there will be less 'leakage' and more 'flow' yes those are technical terms.

Guest Raven65
this is actually one time I'd suggest a window kit in place of that mesh.  unfortunately the mesh only messes up case air pressure :(  and I'd be willing to bet temps would DROP with it sealed up a little better.

612048[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking, it would build more positive pressure and by adding a fan to the window it would cool down the ambient temp some more. Thus also lowering my cpu and video temps.

Hey I live in florida, no basements here kobalt. LOL

I have the same case, and the only problem I have with it is that open mesh. When I bought it I thought that it would have a filter or something.

I did replace the stock case fans with Panaflo 120mm fans. I am also planning on modding the front door to allow more intake to the front case fan.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where to get equipment to mod the door, and what to use?

honestly I don't know how you're gonna cut that bezel without a huge mess or great pains :(

I still suggest the companyt who makes TT's cases over an actual TT. remember VA1000 Xazer case? remember how horrible it's front intakes were?

enermaxservercs.jpg

the original versoin by enermax fixed that problem