Is This Possible?

TRex

A friend of mine was complaining his pc was running hot and was getting a lot of errors (not related to the heat) so he told me he "washed it" and sent me these pics, said he let it dry, mounted it back and was like new again. Possible or a joke?

:withstupid: ditto! Yes, it is possible but unlikely and foolish even if it did still work. I have had my cpu and mobo completely iced over and then puddles of water standing on them after the ice melted and after giving them a couple days to dry off and with the help of a bunch of fans lol it worked just fine.

Computers can be submerged. You should not have any problems porvided you dry it extreamly well before you power it up again.

606219[/snapback]

:withstupid: You have to be real careful as to let it dry COMPLETELY. There are a lot of crevices water can hide, like underneath the pci slots and whatnot. If one's not careful, you can definitely short it out. I'd say it's highly unlikely he did this. Plus, it'd have no effect on the mobo's ability to resist heat unless it was extremely dusty beforehand.