New Rig Feedback Please

cabbot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:O , holy shwow!!! no friggin way.....thats amazing, I think thats the most dramatic overclock I've ever seen :O . Tell me more.

587080[/snapback]

im the 2nd highest opteron user here with a massive overclock, 2.0ghz to 3.0ghz, atm :lol:

you and aachapman are playing a very dangerous game against me :lol: i have a trump card up my sleeve and i am going to play it should i loose my spot as the 2nd highest opteron user :D

587139[/snapback]

Why not play the card now and take first? Before a few people lunge forward in the near future....

Yeah.....I live in my little hole...............

But what are opterons?

587230[/snapback]

Wow! These things have been the talk of the town for a while now.

Opterons are/were a server style chip for socket 940, but have recently been "ported" over to 939, and overclock quite well, as you have seen from the reports here.

They're 1mb cache chips, like the San Diegos. Opteron 144 is 1.8ghz, 146 2.0ghz, 148 2.2ghz, etc.

Wow!  These things have been the talk of the town for a while now.

Opterons are/were a server style chip for socket 940, but have recently been "ported" over to 939, and overclock quite well, as you have seen from the reports here.

They're 1mb cache chips, like the San Diegos.  Opteron 144 is 1.8ghz, 146 2.0ghz, 148 2.2ghz, etc.

587234[/snapback]

Hum....are they good gaming chips? Did I just mess up big time by buying a 4000+?

Hum....are they good gaming chips? Did I just mess up big time by buying a 4000+?

587237[/snapback]

im afraid so, these things overclock like theres no tomorrow, i only paid 190 for mines and its @ 3.0ghz stable and thats using air cooling too :D

i want hardnrg to enjoy his top spot on air cooling for now, and he better savor it while he still can :lol:

587189[/snapback]

lol... i grow ever more curious as to what this "top secret trump card special weapon" thing is lol...

top spot eh? ha ha...