Xbox Games On Xbox360?

legit

hey all,

so im really interested in getting an xbox to play burnout4 and halo2 but i heard that the old xbox games will work on the 360? is this true?

thanks,

- legit

Yea, about 200 games are backwards compatible AT THE MOMENT. There is a very good chance that the 360 will support more games in the future with Live updates. Of course, the catch is that you need the hard drive attachment in order to play older games.

As far as I can tell, Halo 2 and Burnout 4 are playable on the 360 (Burnout 3, unfortunately, is not). Every popular game like Dead or Alive 4 is also playable

xbox360 is backwards compatible

585454[/snapback]

not true. most xbox games will play on the xbox360, but not ALL games. I'm sure there's a list somewhere, but it has to do with it being emulation.

EDIT: dang, ppl beat me too it. next time I open up 10 threads, I need to refresh before replying ;)

Edited by ClayMeow

Also remember, they aren't just backward compatible but I think some/most are enhanced. I can't remember exactly what I read, but a lot of games will become 720p and 1080i compatible meaning sharper picture on your old games! How cool is that? I saw some side by side screen shots of Halo 2 on xbox and Halo 2 on xbox360 and I must say the difference was pretty good.

Also remember, they aren't just backward compatible but I think some/most are enhanced. I can't remember exactly what I read, but a lot of games will become 720p and 1080i compatible meaning sharper picture on your old games! How cool is that? I saw some side by side screen shots of Halo 2 on xbox and Halo 2 on xbox360 and I must say the difference was pretty good.

585892[/snapback]

I thought games for the 360 were going to be sold at different resolutions? If what I heard is true, then I wouldn't be surprised if these "enhancements" you're talking about comes at a price.

I thought games for the 360 were going to be sold at different resolutions?  If what I heard is true, then I wouldn't be surprised if these "enhancements" you're talking about comes at a price.

585901[/snapback]

Not quite different resolutions. All 360 games are required to run at 720p min. They devs can go up to 1080i if they chose. The old games that are or going to be BC will show some improved image quality and improved frame rate. I haven't tried acctually playing any of my old game son the 360 yet but a few of em are recognized.

Not quite different resolutions.  All 360 games are required to run at 720p min.  They devs can go up to 1080i if they chose.  The old games that are or going to be BC will show some improved image quality and improved frame rate.  I haven't tried acctually playing any of my old game son the 360 yet but a few of em are recognized.

586270[/snapback]

Well I thought that if a dev decided to go up to 1080i, they'd also release a 720p version as well, sold separately. So if you bought a 720p now because your tv doesn't do 1080i, but then in a year you get a new tv that does do 1080i, you'd have to spend money to buy a 1080i version. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but that's Microsoft for ya.