Xbox And Ps2 Inside A Computer Case

was standing in the shower today and was thinking what i could mod into my case and this popped in to my head. i have a xbox and ps2 that sit on my desk and thought what if i take them apart and mod them into my case. pics of my case here http://www.overclockersclub.com/gallery/?act=case&id=1066 my case should have enough room to put both in post-16600-0-11091100-1328818146_thumb.jpg

ill have to look tonight but i thought of cutting out the two hd rails and maybe that sheet of aluminum in the front for more room.

Edited by akac

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought of just modding everything into the front of my case but i might put the controler ports and power buttons on the right side of the case and cut spots for the cd/dvd drives for both units in the front. then take apart a old psu and take the plugin part out and mod that to the back of the case and put an electical outlet inside the case to power both units.

thats kinda cool, but its already been done.

570524[/snapback]

So what? It would be interesting to see how he goes about doing his mod. If you've seen it done before, why don't you give him a link that would help the guy out?

Go for it, would be awesome if you can pull it off nicely. My cousin said he saw one, it had a pc, xbox, gamecube and ps2 in it. I think it was called the xcube2 :P.

570692[/snapback]

yeah, i saw that too....i'm pretty sure it was posted in OCC, so maybe run a search and see what pops up. It was kinda massive if I remember correctly, so not exactly what akac's going for here, but will still give a good idea of what to do probably.

I think the xbox would be easier to mod into it then the ps2.. The xbox is more of a PC itself. You can just put the dvd and hdd in the normal drive rails. I would have a dvd for your computer and xbox unless you can figure out how to have the dvd read for both devices which I think is impossible... The PS2 I have never seen the inside of. I dont know if it has IDE drives like the xbox...

Go for it, would be awesome if you can pull it off nicely. My cousin said he saw one, it had a pc, xbox, gamecube and ps2 in it. I think it was called the xcube2 :P.

570692[/snapback]

I thought of doing this like three months after I got an xbox, didnt decide to do it tho

When I got home last night I started to operate on my ps2 to see what I could do with it. Well Sony though that an inch of wire is long enough to hook all of there stuff together, and the worst part of it all I cant add any wire to it its all really small cables like ide cables but shrunk down really small ill take pics when I get home and post them. But anyway I found a spot to mount it into my case. Its going to mount vertically in the open hard drive bay and go about an 1.5