The Media And 'others' Are Getting What They Want

LoArmistead

But frankly we gotta finish what someone started...

570684[/snapback]

Ahh yes, one of the smartest comments that has been posted in the entire thread :D

570695[/snapback]

I agree! I don't like the war, I have a lot of beef with its motives and effectiveness, but at this point it's too late to do anything about that. Leaving now would only make things worse. So for now, I am left with the difficult job of supporting our soldiers without compromising my overall beliefs on the war. But I would hope that would be default. No matter how you we feel about the war, I think we all want those folks home and safe ASAP.

It's kinda sad when the president of the USA has a higher approval rating among Iraqi citizens than he does amongst his own people...maybe the Iraqis know something we don't about what going on over there?

570658[/snapback]

Or maybe we know something about what's going on over here that they don't? :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I feel strongly about is that Mr Bush rushed us into this war... I think we went in to quickly... I am no support of Mr Bush. It was his sole choice to take us to war. I dont think he legaly took what the Legislative branch gave him the ability to do. They gave him the ability to goto war when all Diplomatic channels ended. I dont think we were at that point.. There was still alot of talking that could have been done, but he didnt want to..

One thing I feel strongly about is that Mr Bush rushed us into this war... I think we went in to quickly... I am no support of Mr Bush. It was his sole choice to take us to war. I dont think he legaly took what the Legislative branch gave him the ability to do. They gave him the ability to goto war when all Diplomatic channels ended. I dont think we were at that point.. There was still alot of talking that could have been done, but he didnt want to..

570718[/snapback]

eight UN weapons inspections teams kicked out of the country one after the other in a ten year period.

17 UN resolutions where Saddam agreed to end his WMD program and allow UN weapons inspections teams into all of this facilities. Saddam signed the dotted line of each of the 17 resultions with the understanding that if he does not comply, military force will be used to remove his weapons program. 17 times... 17 times that we were supposed to go to war with full UN support and didn't... what more do we need? he was obviously hiding something.

23 June 2004: 1.77 metric tons of radioactive uranium discovered in one of Saddam's research facilities. Uranium was removed from country and sent to USDOE holding facilitiy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3872201.stm

Dirty bombs anyone? Just think, if Al Qaeda would've gotten their hands on that..... Allah Akbar. :ph34r: Just think how much of that stuff may already be in the hands of terrorists? You big city folks should be paying extra close attention to this. It would be so easy to make a dirty bomb the size of a paint can that could disperse and contaminate an area of about 30 square blocks within one minute.

eight UN weapons inspections teams kicked out of the country one after the other in a ten year period.

17 UN resolutions where Saddam agreed to end his WMD program and allow UN weapons inspections teams into all of this facilities.  Saddam signed the dotted line of each of the 17 resultions with the understanding that if he does not comply, military force will be used to remove his weapons program.  17 times...  17 times that we were supposed to go to war with full UN support and didn't... what more do we need?  he was obviously hiding something.

23 June 2004:  1.77 metric tons of radioactive uranium discovered in one of Saddam's research facilities.  Uranium was removed from country and sent to USDOE holding facilitiy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3872201.stm

Dirty bombs anyone?  Just think, if Al Qaeda would've gotten their hands on that..... Allah Akbar.  :ph34r:  Just think how much of that stuff may already be in the hands of terrorists?  You big city folks should be paying extra close attention to this.  It would be so easy to make a dirty bomb the size of a paint can that could disperse and contaminate an area of about 30 square blocks within one minute.

570728[/snapback]

As extrem as they are there is really no stoping them from getting that crap. We can prevent them from using that but if they are so determined they will getting accomplish their goals.. I bet you a terriorsts could walk into any building in New york with enough C4 to blow a city square block. We just cant live in fear... As for the weapons inspectors. I belive Mr bush gave them an altamatium, but he really didnt give them time to respond. Thus why I think our attack on Iraq was premature. They did let inspectors back in if you remember. If a govenment wants to develop WMDs thats their decision. Hell we did it. Hell the US and Russia have enough WMDs to destroy the earth 9 times, like one wasent enough.... I mean why shouldent other countries have the ability to enjoy the wealth of WMDs...

Uh, I think the 17 times that we told Saddam Hussien to stop was enough talking. And, I'm pretty sure he said "no". So Bush decided that he'd had enough talking.

570740[/snapback]

Exactly. Why do opponents always seem to magically forget the fact that saddam received request after request, warning after warning, and repeatedly denied access. Oh I forgot, the 11th time would have been the charm; darn Bush for stopping after #10!

"God Bless America"

This is perhaps the phrase I most hate in the entire world.

Grrr.....

(Please don't shout at me too much. I've got a headache)

(On topic however, yes I agree it's sad that the American media is very rarely unbiased and nutural anymore, and that it's used by the people in power to manipulate the general public into beliving whatever is spewed out at them through their cable box.)