The Media And 'others' Are Getting What They Want

LoArmistead

Dang you people. All that I've been saying these past six months is starting to come true. I've said it dozens of times, and every time it was ignored or quickly forgotten. Now it's coming to bite us in the @$$, and you people are still probably going to ignore this. Remember when I said, "This war will only be as similar to Vietnam as we WANT it to be" ? Well, congratulations leftwing media, you have yourelf another Vietnam. Happy? Fkng morons. I fear, unless we have a serious political overhaul, our glory days as a United Staes of America will soon be at an end. This following is a message from a soldier that just returned from a tour in Iraq:

"Having been on the other side of the world for the past year I must admit that I am not as up to date on current events as I’d like to be. However we do receive the news and are aware of the larger events happening around the world. For instance we were aware of the tidal wave that killed hundreds of thousands in southern Asia. We were aware of the numerous natural disasters that affected the United States.

We’ve also been aware of the vicious political fever and anti-war tone that is constantly streamed to us via television, newspapers, magazines, radio, and internet. Being in the minority of soldiers with formal education it is discouraging to see how the masses of na

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a soldier my concern is that while Americans enjoy their freedom of speech and freedom of the press they are inadvertently weakening our defenses, damaging our nation, and negatively influencing the frontline soldiers that continue to ensure their freedoms.

570038[/snapback]

:withstupid: How true that statement is.

I have said it millions of times before and I will say it again. The "media" is a big part of the decay in our society today. I wish them all death by a rhino horn up the A$$.

Fortunately, I still have faith that the common man is able to delineate between what is true and what is not, what is spin and what is not. I know that a majority of Americans still support our president, and still support this war. I know that end the end, things will come out just fine. But, looking at the worst case scenario, things aren't very optimistic.

Thankfully I am an optimistic person, and it's hard to get me down in the dumps about anything. I know that the media is leftwing, and I know that the reason CNN and MSNBC have shrinking numbers is because of their leftwing slant. The reason Fox is getting increasing numbers, and is now the #1 news organization in the country, is because they tell more of the truth than any other media group. Yes, it's spun just like any other news is, but at least Fox takes the time to point out the GOOD things that are happening around the world.

Believe it or not, there are more good things happening than bad things, but why aren't the good things getting headlines? Because good news is dull, good news is boring, good news doesn't make money. Bad news does. It is time that we sat back and thought, is the almighty dollar worth jeapordizing our national security, criminalizing the Army, and turning people against ultimately good leaders? Every human being has their flaws, NO ONE is perfect.

George W Bush is a good man, and a good president. This war was vital to our national security in the long run. Some things are just hard to understand, and if you want to have a good argument, the bst thing to do is to not listen to the media. The intellectuals say, "Question ALL authority! Question your parents! your teachers! your leaders! Tis the only way to get the truth!"

Intellectuals...shut the hell up. You're stupid. Yes, I said you're stupid. Shut your mouth for just a minute, and THINK about the situation. Use common sense, and normally, you are able to answer the very questions you are spouting out everywhere. To rebut that, the intellectuals will say, "Well, closed-minded pigdog, things are not always as they seem! Government is corrupt! People lie! There are coverups! The only way to get the REAL truth is to question, question, question!" That's why you have to elect people you can trust. Not everyone is truthful, but then again, not everyone is corrupt either. Just because you don't like the decisions that someone has made, that doesn't mean they are a corrupt person. In the end, the decision they made, as unpopular as it may be now, wil benefit us greatly in the longrun.

Long after our president has retired and passed away, long after other administrations have come and gone, this war that we are fighting right now will do more to benefit us than you will know. The best thing you can do is just support the cause.

Wanna hate George Bush? Fine, hate him. But he doesn't hate you back. He is looking out for the best interest of all Americans; blacks, whites, liberals, and conservatives alike. He is not at war for personal gain and oil profits. That bogus claim is dead in the water. He did not go to war on "bad" intelligence, he did not go to war because corrupt aids and strategists wanted him to get a boost in the polls. You people have watched "Wag the Dog" too many times. Occasionally, it is OK to take information at face value. There is not always a government coverup or a scandal in place.

Put down your picket signs, pick up a book, get an education, a respectable job, get married, have kids, and live out your life in peace knowing that the country you live in is the most powerful and giving nation on the planet. Live in peace knowing that your children can go to school in peace, while in Russia, school children are being held up by terrorists.While you can freely take the subway in and out of the city everyday, people over in London and Madrid are being killed for doing the very same thing. Be thankful for what you do have, and stop whining about what you don't have.

People are just being raised in these liberal shelters in the northeast and along the left coast. They are having this liberal propoganda crammed into their heads, and there is no one to question it. Go backpacking across Europe. Go spend a week in the Sudan. Go visit the refugee camps in Niger and Somalia. Go spend a night at the Hilton in downtown Baghdad. Go to see the aid stations and US-funded relief efforts going on in Kosovo, Bosnia, and Pakistan. Go visit the US-funded AIDS education and health centers set up in central Africa. Go visit one of the many Al Qeda training camps in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and even in the USA. Search around the internet for terrorist attacks that our government has thwarted in order to ensure the safety of the American people. Do all of that, then come back here and tell me that this country is not worthy. Come back here and tell me that our government is corrupt. Come back here and tell me that we deserve everything we've gotten from these terrorists. And with a straight face, come back and tell me that there is no terrorist threat. Tell me that we have been lied to by the Bush administration. Tell me that this is the most fowl, corrupt, imperialistic nation that you have ever had the displeasure of laying your eyes upon.

You know what, you won't be able to. Outside of this sheltered nation is where life really is. Leave these borders, out of protective jursdiction of the police or the FBI, experience the real world, and then come crying home, regretting all of the anti-American BS that you have spewed from your lips for the past 20 years.

Yes, the media is evil. Liberal, Conservative.... it doesn't matter, they're the number 1 reason that America is getting dumber by the second. It's not a liberal thing, or a conservative thing, the media is always going to try to tear down the government, and specifically the president. People like to hate things. It's only natural that the media will embrace this and profit from it (that's their goal, like ANY business). The country's leadership is a natural target. And if Kerry had won, he'd have gotten similar treatment, because people need someone to blame for ANY problem they have (because why would anyone take the blame themselves when our country and our media has taught them not to?).

Yes, it is a shame that the armed forces are seeing all the bad, but haven't you been telling us that the majority of the reports from over there still say that the troops do support this war? So what's the solution? You always talk about how people always present problems and not solutions? Is your solution really that we should just all "change our minds" and support everything the president says? What if someone asked you to agree with something that you were totally against like you're asking liberals to do right now? Isn't this country what it is today because we're not only able to disagree, but able to voice that opinion openly? Do you believe we should no longer have that right? What's the solution?

It's funny because I think a lot of people are stuck in that rut where they just keep saying "well, this country is the best there is, so get over it". You know, 20 or 30 years ago, that was a FACT, but I think a lot of people need to re-evaluate that statement. Don't get me wrong, I wholely agree we're still the best, but I think it's not nearly as much of a solid FACT as it used to be. A LOT of other countries have grown and matured like we did, and I think we've got a lot of close competition for "best" these days. I don't think we're "head and shoulders" above the rest like we once were. And I look at things like the Patriot Act and the topic of giving the president pre-emptive nuclear capabilities, and I wonder... This war has continually pushed the removal of personal rights for national security as well as giving more power to the few (dictatorship?) in times of war, and I wonder how much further we can "trim" the rights that this country was built on before we are no longer "the best". How much longer can we just "rest on our laurels" with the statement that we're the best before we actually stand up again and justify it?

So you can spew blanket statements about liberal inferiority at will, but I'm not allowed to point it out? You know what though, that's fine, I'll edit the post as soon as I finish this... I'm not gonna start a flamefest because I don't really care that much. I guess I'll just leave you with a few of my favorite "unbiased" tidbits from your "news story" posts...

Being force fed AFN (Armed Forces Network) we get the best stories that the liberal media can conjure up.  Unfortunately for us, this usually means smearing whatever we have accomplished or were planning to accomplish.

570038[/snapback]

People are just being raised in these liberal shelters in the northeast and along the left coast.  They are having this liberal propoganda crammed into their heads, and there is no one to question it.

570061[/snapback]

I'm sorry to have thrown mud at your unbiased news-oriented posts....

OK Lo, you hate the media, so do I. I hate the drama of the news. Theres now news like bad news, Right? Well what if I like good news?

Moving on...

I have trouble seeing how you can support the troops without supporting the effort the said troops are engaged in. It must be time to upgrade my core logic chipset...

Lo, please outline for me, in a PM, if you wish, these events you where for telling. OK the motives for the war are being questioned as usual and new evidence is coming to light. Fine.

After reading Verran last post. WTF do you mean by liberal shelters? I don't like the sound of that.

lo its like preaching to the choir here most of us agree with what u have stated i just dont post about it cuz it gives glory to the power of the libs. and im not gonna give one second or one keystroke dedicated to their kind. they are anti american and dont like the fact that we are different. our way is different and thats what makes us better than others. ppl see that as arrogance be truth be told it is envy . we are envied by all and thats a fact.

I can certainly agree with points made about the american media, be they aligned with the left or the right.

Sure, I don't get exposed to it everyday and everywhere (I'm not an american so that makes sense), so I'm not the most qualified to talk the state of it or its effect on the people of the country.

All I can comment on is what I have seen, which is supposed 'news' casters presenting information in such a politically biased way that if it happened over here I'd be shocked.

half the people who believe the media are idiots. The media dont care about what is right, they just want ratings. So either you are still crying about kerry not becoming prez or they support the war. We elected the president, so we should give him support, there are just like 5% freaks out there that are stupid

:withstupid: How true that statement is.

I have said it millions of times before and I will say it again. The "media" is a big part of the decay in our society today. I wish them all death by a rhino horn up the A$$.

570039[/snapback]

I only perused through this post because I'm impatient (lol), but I completely agree with the soldier's remarks (and have forever), and Nerm quoted the fundamental principle of what this soldier said.

Lo, definitely tell this soldier to spread his story and get the word out. Unfortunately that involves going thru the media, but sometimes you have no choice.

But I'm not as quick to blame the media directly. Many outlets DO try and show the war in both positive and negative lights, but unfortunately many people are blinded to the positive aspects and the reasons behind it. The problem isn't the media, per se, but rather the naivety of a large portion of society. And protesters just piss me off for most causes, not just anti-war. Yes we have the freedom to protest, but protesting never accomplishes what the protesters want, it only makes things worse. Who was that stupid be-atch who's son died and started a vigil? (The name escapes me now). But all she was was a freaking pawn. The anti-war protesters took advantage of her in a vulnerable and naive state. From reading "letters" written by readers in the newspapers, often they seemed to forget that Bush DID meet with her, and she was satisfied with the meeting. Only after the anti-war dumbasses got to her did she suddenly flip-flop and demand another meeting. Why? Because she, and they, knew Bush wouldn't meet with her, and they THOUGHT that would help their cause.

It's unfortunate that the idiots in this world seem to steal more of the media attention than the normal folk.

/end rant

After reading Verran last post. WTF do you mean by liberal shelters? I don't like the sound of that.

570115[/snapback]

Liberal shelters. All along the northeastern states and along the "Left" Coast (Washington, Oregon, Cali), a majority of politicians elected there are liberal democrats (save Joe Lieberman). Kids are being raised in these states with liberal newspapers (LA, NY, Chicago, Washington, etc..) and a liberal media spouting out the bad news that I was mnetioning in my original post. These kids are raised under a liberal iron curtain. Once they get out in the real world and either go to college or move away and get a job, they are confronted with the conservative perspective, and to many of them, it is a life changing event. I have seen several young guys from out west come to places like Texas and NC and tell me, "Wow, Lo, I can't believe I never heard any of this stuff back home. You know, this stuff makes more sense that what I was taught, I like this stuff."

I guess that's the best way I can describe liberal shelters: A portion of the country where liberal ideals are taught things with the conservative side of the story is censored out. Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule; San Diego tends to lean more conservative, while San Francisco is one of the most liberal cities in the country. But let's not focus on that.

The main point of my mini-book is to point out that I have been saying for several months that this negative news that is being circulated across the country is soon going to backfire on our soldiers. This little essay I pasted with my thread is a testament to what I have been saying. The negative news has circulated back to the soldiers, and a significant minority of them are beginning to actually believe the crap they are being fed. This is not a good thing. These soldiers don't want to be there in the first place. Take that fact, then tell them their mission is a failure, it looks like Vietnam, they are doing nothing but killing civilians and commiting atrocities, they are being lied to by their administration, and tell them that their president's administration is a failure, and a corrupt one at that. Tell them all of those things, then expect them to do their job at 100% efficiency.... yall see what I'm saying?

Being force fed AFN (Armed Forces Network) we get the best stories that the liberal media can conjure up.