Wake-up Call - Collision At 110mph

cdoggown

im talking about possibilities.. im not saying HOW her crash happened because i dont know... i first explained my moms opinions.. and then explaining my opinion on why there may be some possibilities where a seatbelt may be a killer rather than a saver...

i do, wear my seatbelt, thank you very much.. because i dont want tickets... but i DO think it should be a CHOICE... if it was... i would still wear mine... because it does save more lives than kills... what are you not understanding about my statements?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Firefighter I have seen the some of the worst and all I can say is gimme the seatbelt anyday of the week <_ i would rather take my chances with a seatbelt then flying through the windshield or around inside of vehicle as its flipping all over place>

Seatbelts need to be a choice.. not a law..

I know ill prolly get bashed for this..

566736[/snapback]

Then why on the defensive?

PS - Xinul I revisited the topic in your sig and laughed so hard. I had forgotten all about that...

PSS - I got to see the civic this evening up close and in person.... not pretty. I didnt see a dash, a steering wheel, a driver's seat... of course the roof was gone... practically desintegrated (sp?)

im talking about possibilities.. im not saying HOW her crash happened because i dont know... i first explained my moms opinions.. and then explaining my opinion on why there may be some possibilities where a seatbelt may be a killer rather than a saver...

i do, wear my seatbelt, thank you very much.. because i dont want tickets... but i DO think it should be a CHOICE... if it was... i would still wear mine... because it does save more lives than kills... what are you not understanding about my statements?

567155[/snapback]

Because you came at the situation like a twelve year old that just had his favorite Power Ranger movie taken away, that's why.

Your argument about when they would not be beneficial was completely the exact OPPOSITE of what it should have been. You would want a seat belt if that were the case. If you want to "talk about possibilities", how about stating some more. I'm sure that in most of the cases you present, a seatbelt would be beneficial.

You are back tracking now, and completely contradicting yourself. So what is it? Are seatbelts beneficial, or are they only beneficial when you want them to be?

of course theyre beneficial... but in my original posts, i said sure there are SOME instances that they may hurt more than help..

BUT I DO AGREE THEY SAVE MORE THAN THEY KILL... what dont u understand?!

kuz theres too many hippies here that are like 'z0mg save lives!'

567161[/snapback]

Hah, nah, the hippies are too busy trying to defend the lives of militants that try to kill us. ;) They don't care if you drive your Honda into an Expedition at 110MPH, just as long as Alaq Muhammad gets his right to read "Martha Stewart Living" daily at Club Gitmo.

PS - Xinul I revisited the topic in your sig and laughed so hard. I had forgotten all about that...

567159[/snapback]

It's happened more then once, too. I wish I still had the AIM logs of a fight him and I got into. Almost pissed my pants from laughing so hard.

kuz theres too many hippies here that are like 'z0mg save lives!'

567161[/snapback]

Hippie? Nope. That's not my job title.

How about, Firefighter-Emergency Care Attendant, Hazmat First Responder, as well as a Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support, Basic Trauma Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support certified provider. I'm also a rope rescue technician, as well as trained and certified in trench, hi angle, low angle, and water rescue. Oh, can't leave out that I am also a vehicle rescue technician.

So, if you want to run with the big dogs, show me how you are an expert here. Public Safety is my field, Holo, and if you want to debate this with me, I have no problem. Bosco can tell you what happens when you don't wear a seatbelt. If you could only see what someone looks like after they've been in a wreck without a seatbelt on, and are in critical care, you wouldn't be spewing this bull-poo.

of course theyre beneficial... but in my original posts, i said sure there are SOME instances that they may hurt more than help..

BUT I DO AGREE THEY SAVE MORE THAN THEY KILL... what dont u understand?!

567165[/snapback]

SO WHAT ARE THESE INSTANCES? :bah:

Edited by Xinul

Lol @ Lo

I agree with Xinul.

I know of several close family friends that have died in roll overs cuz they didnt wear seatbelts. But as Holo said, there are some, like 1 out of millions of posible accident sinarios(sp) where seatbelts wouldnt be benificial.

HoLoDreaM, it is quite simple.

Your car is travelling at a certain velocity, and when you hit something, your car's velocity will reduce, though the people in the car will still be travelling at the cars initial velocity, this will lead to the people inside the car being launched out the window, and then it is good game.

How the hell would not wearing a seat belt save you?

i just figured i would be the odd ball the sides with holo about there being some cases there seatbelts can kill. first off i wear mine all the time and would rather take my chance with it on then off but one of my best friend would probably be dead if he had his on when he was in a roll over.

He was in the passenger seat and when the truck rolled he somehow got thrown between the driver and the steering weal.. the passenger side roof caved in and took off the top of the seat. a rare case but they do happen.