Sign in to follow this  
cdoggown

Wake-up Call - Collision At 110mph

On 10-15 my wife and I were at a poker-party playing with some good friends of ours, Geoff and Amy Ward. On their way home their Expedition was hit at excess of 110mph head on by a young man in his

I want to say something so badly, but it would result in a bunch of anti-American/Anti-Lo members flaming me for being a bigot...

I am very glad your friends made it out! Being hit at 110MPH, even with a little ricer, is still a big bang, and I am suprised they didn't have any serious injuries!

I feel sorry for the ricer kids' family though! His car and his life have been utterly destroyed. I did get a kick out of that giant-butt tail pipe in that 2nd pic of the car.

That's just...wow...I have a newfound respect for Expeditions now.

Amy has broken ribs and they both have tons of bruising. It will be a long time before they are 100%. Mine was in June and Im still hurting every day.

Wow that was a hit atleast they are safe and not in his position. The expadition held up really well there have to admit that very nice safety in that thing. Sucks for that rice burner eeep thats very scary. Dont even have the urge to go that fast on the road ill keep it on the track where its professional and every safety percausion is taken into effect.

posted speed limit is 30 on that road. I got a ticket 8 months ago for going 41 on it. 110? <_<

I couldn't imagine going 110 in an area thats posted at 30. The only place I've ever done 100mph at is on the highway and it was an area that I drove everyday. So, I knew when the road turned and there wasn't any traffic so I was only putting myself in danger.

Its horrible, i'm 18 and in high school and this semester and last year, we've had a total of 3 students die in car accidents. Last year, one kid i went to drivers ed with totaled his camaro hitting a pole @ 50, he would of survived if there was a seatbelt in use, but instead he was launched from the car about 30meters into a tree. Another girl, someone who was bound to die from other means died in a car accident last year because she didnt have her seatbelt on. Then about a week ago a junior died because he overcorrected after getting a few tires off the road trying to avoid a pylon that was in the middle of the road. He was the only smart one out of the group, he had a seatbelt, but still. 3 students dead in the past year because of driving mistakes. It makes you think.

I am not about to announce that I think they should raise the legal driving age in a forum full of 14 and 15 year olds... but yeah...

d00d, seetbults r lik, 4 nubs!

To be serious now, it is sad that these people would of lived if they would of taken those three seconds to put on their seat belt. Really, is THREE seconds going to make a huge difference in your day, especially when it removes the risk of losing THREE MONTHS of your life in the hospital, or even your life itself, almost entirely?

/rant.

EDIT: Well cd, while you have a good point, it's really the maturity of the driver themselves. I've seen people much older then me drive very badly, while I know many a person under 20 who probably drives better then you or your friends while under pressure (going through emergency vehicular operations courses helped).

I say you have to take a maturity test... for example:

"Is it cool to do 200 MPH down a highway?

A: Yes.

B: No."

Circle A and you don't get a drivers license for 10 years.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

Its horrible, i'm 18 and in high school and this semester and last year, we've had a total of 3 students die in car accidents.  Last year, one kid i went to drivers ed with totaled his camaro hitting a pole @ 50, he would of survived if there was a seatbelt in use, but instead he was launched from the car about 30meters into a tree.  Another girl, someone who was bound to die from other means died in a car accident last year because she didnt have her seatbelt on.  Then about a week ago a junior died because he overcorrected after getting a few tires off the road trying to avoid a pylon that was in the middle of the road.  He was the only smart one out of the group, he had a seatbelt, but still. 3 students dead in the past year because of driving mistakes.  It makes you think.

566649[/snapback]

I had a friend die right before graduation... The year before that a girl killed one of her classmates, that was waiting for the bus because she was speeding. Its horrible. I most always drive the limit.. At most I go 5 over which is all you really should do. If your going more then that your asking for trouble... Speed limits are posted for a reason! Follow them...