Sign in to follow this  
cdoggown

Wake-up Call - Collision At 110mph

I don't see how not having a seatbelt can save you... Please explain this style, because I really really doubt that. She may believe that, but I highly doubt it. My girlfriend got in an accident recently and she was wearing her seatbelt and she walked away just fine. Seatbelts save lives, they don't kill people...

To Fast To furious Just as dead. To all the tree huggers. This is why you dont buy small cars. I had my days street racing but it was not just get a challenge at a light and then run. You took it to a deserted strip of road or one that was seldom used. I'm not begrudging the performance of these cars because it is amazing the power that can be wrung out of them. But you see to many of them in accidents because the driver thinks they know how to handle any situation. Just had 2 kids 16 years old in civics racing through a main shopping area both lost it on a curve at 75mph in a 25 mph zone. They both hit an explorer head on. One of them died as well as the driver of the explorer, a 25 year old mother of 3.

Just had 2 kids 16 years old in civics racing through a main shopping area both lost it on a curve at 75mph in a 25 mph zone. They both hit an explorer head on. One of them died as well as the driver of the explorer, a 25 year old mother of 3.

I hate hearing those kinds of stories :( It makes me hate stupid kids more than I already do.

Bleh, the correct response to these travesties is not to raise the legal driving age.  The last thing we need to do is get the government to change things that can very well be changed at home.  What really needs to happen is parents need to start raising their dang kids!  Teach them what's right and wrong, teach them to obey, teach them the common sense they need to survive past age 17.  It's your job as a parent to make sure your kid is smart enough to stay alive, not the government's.

566683[/snapback]

Ah, a subject which I couldn't agree with Lo on more!

Parenting skills are down the tubes over the last 20 years or so (speaking in generalizations). Kids just have this "get the hell outta my way" attitude in general. It's like when you see an 8 year old girl wearing lipstick and a halter top. It's just bad parenting from the get-go, and if these kids had half an ounce of respect for the people around them, and comprehended the fact that they don't know jack, you'd have SO many less things like this happening.

To the OP.... 110 in a 30..... good god. That's enough to have someone deemed legally retarded.... if they were to live, of course. Glad to hear your friends lucked out. I'm betting they've already been told how much worse it could've been. I don't want to know what my Focus would look like after a 110mph collision....

I don't see how not having a seatbelt can save you... Please explain this style, because I really really doubt that. She may believe that, but I highly doubt it. My girlfriend got in an accident recently and she was wearing her seatbelt and she walked away just fine. Seatbelts save lives, they don't kill people...

566756[/snapback]

STFU.. theres many ways a wreck can happen... are you too ignorant to think of different ways? maybe a car flipped over on its top and someone could have been launched from it before it landed? or maybe she was able to move instead of being crushed... i dont exactly know how it happened but if you payed a dang minute to read what i wrote, saying yes, i agree they save more than they kill... i never said it was ALWAYS true you ignorant bastard.

STFU.. theres many ways a wreck can happen... are you too ignorant to think of different ways? maybe a car flipped over on its top and someone could have been launched from it before it landed? or maybe she was able to move instead of being crushed... i dont exactly know how it happened but if you payed a dang minute to read what i wrote, saying yes, i agree they save more than they kill... i never said it was ALWAYS true you ignorant bastard.

566790[/snapback]

Now now children, let us simmer.

And what about those of us who would rather have better mileage and drive safe?

Holo: I'll flame you on behalf of everyone who's seen this kind of . before:

You're an idiot. How exactly would wearing a seat belt INCREASE your chance of death in a vast majority of accidents? I've seen people's faces scraped off from sliding on the pavement because they didn't wear a seatbelt. THEY SAVE FAR MORE LIVES EACH DAY THEN THEY'VE EVER TAKEN!

Yes, there are a few accidents where a seat belt increases injury, but the amount of accidents where they save innocent lives is FAR HIGHER than that. If you're not going to take the responsibility to put one on, then you deserve a kick in the nuts for not taking proper safety precautions when operating a one ton vehicle that can hit speeds of 200 Kmph AND UP.

/rant

566790[/snapback]

that was a bit of an over reaction.. he just asked to explain what u were saying and then put in his point of view, he didnt insult you or anything..

i can see that its conceivable that not wearing a seat belt could save somebody.. if they were slouching and wearing a seat belt then the seatbelt would probablyhave a better chance of lacerating the persons neck than saving their life..

i do still believe that wearing a seatbelt is the right thing to do.

Edited by danyo64

regardless the ricer guy was being stupid, at least ur friends are ok, I do speed, but not excessivly, but i always keep an eye out, but some people are reckless

there are fast drivers and there are reckless drivers. very different people

ricer guy was reckless

i think kb meant driving a smaller car gets better gas. Anyways ... Darwin's law... thats all i gotta say about kids driving really really fast.

I sort of think that the whole "young kids are bad drivers" to be false. Its not young drivers that are bad but mostly stupid drivers. I also think that elderly people tend to be much worse than young people. That is probably because I live in St. Pete, FL, the retirement capital of the USA. Also, I've been driving in cars with old people and they don't even hear their blinkers...if you can't hear the blinker, how are you gonna hear anything outside the car. Also, I've seen old people straddling lines and not correct it...

So, I feel that if we raise the driving age(its 16 in FL) then we should also require mandatory tests for old people like once every 2-3 years.

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for the driver of the civic serves him right as far as I am concerned he got what he deserved. <_ one less moron to worry about. :angry2: i am glad your friends are ok.>