Burning Divx Movies

Arkadiy

lol... so many people aren't even reading the question...

all you do is burn the avi movie file to a cd-r... no conversion, no nothing, just burn ONE file to a cd... that's it

lol... so many people aren't even reading the question...

all you do is burn the avi movie file to a cd-r... no conversion, no nothing, just burn ONE file to a cd... that's it

566146[/snapback]

:withstupid: exactly, geez people. I've been doing that for years, well before dvd-r's even existed. That's like asking "How do you make an mp3 disc?" Why would you ever change anything that's already formatted the proper way???

man if your using xp just right click and then hit send to then choose the cd-r presto two minutes later you have a data disc that just moved the file from your hdd to the cd exact duplicate file.

566469[/snapback]

DONT USE that, unless M$ fixed the security flaw in it.... but i kinda dont think they have, its been flawed for ever, just use nero faster and safer.

a bit to the side of the topic...but i do agree...just burn it as you would be saving the data for later.

currrently "happening upon" some divx movie files...but i dont have a DVD player fo rthe TV that plays divx...so i use 'VSO Divx to DVD' and then burn the dvd. comes out nice. although it takes 30 minutes to convert an 700 meg Divx movie to a DVD burnable format. (i wonder how fast that would happen on an OC'd 939 opteron at 3ghz in comparison). i still have to figure out how to make a menu screen adn basically 'author' a DVD but for now, a basic movie that plays as soon as you putit in (and then loops endlessly if you let it go) works just fine for me. you only need special edition stuff once really.

omg....everyone is either an idiot or think I am an idiot......

I was converting it too VCD/SVCD at first, then I just burned the DivX file by moving it to a CD and pressing burn....that's it <_<

Add me to the camp that thinks lowering the quality of your file by encoding it again so you can put it on a more expesive dvd-r, when a divx player will just play the base file off of a standard cd, for less money, taking way less time, at better quality, is inane.