Getting New Car.....soon

CoolMaster

No you see IT"S not my car I HAVE to sell it, Keeping it is not an option, like ive said, anyways yes it is a nice car. but Im looking for a 4 cylinder

and I have finally made my decision i think, tell me what you think

Volkswagen Golf 2.0 4 cyclinder, I mean 35 mpg, it's a 4 cylinder,

and techinically Volkswagen's were the first cars I fell in love with back when I was younger, and I like the look of golfs, Maybe mod it a lil, make it a lil quicker.? their pretty reliable I've seen old jetta's like that are 30 years old etc.

what do yall think.?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you see IT"S not my car I HAVE to sell it, Keeping it is not an option, like ive said, anyways yes it is a nice car. but Im looking for a 4 cylinder

and I have finally made my decision i think, tell me what you think

Volkswagen Golf 2.0 4 cyclinder, I mean 35 mpg, it's a 4 cylinder,

and techinically Volkswagen's were the first cars I fell in love with back when I was younger, and I like the look of golfs, Maybe mod it a lil, make it a lil quicker.? their pretty reliable I've seen old jetta's like that are 30 years old etc.

what do yall think.?

567478[/snapback]

That's a good idea. Get a Golf and then maybe put some aftermarket parts on it so you can have a little fun once in a while. :D What year(s) are you looking at?

EDIT: What about a diesel version? lol

Edited by Bleeble

no diesel and if you must get an automatic i would leave it stock unless you want to make a fool of yourself.

I always liked the Golf for some reason, it is a HOT HATCH! lol.

Finally someone who really appreciates euro cars for what they are, I like all other cars too

I was looking into a toyota 4runner aswell, SUV seems like it'd be a good bet aswell, wouldnt mind having an suv

567445[/snapback]

wait, you said you didn't want a truck... of course a 4 runner is not a truck.... it's a tinker toy

but what really gets me going is the whole thing about a dodge is not a mercedez... ummm who owns chyrsler?

wait, you said you didn't want a truck...  of course a 4 runner is not a truck....  it's a tinker toy

but what really gets me going is the whole thing about a dodge is not a mercedez...  ummm  who owns chyrsler?

567687[/snapback]

Mercedes Doesnt own chrystler their joined for something called like a "technological beneficiary" which means they dont gain profit from each other, but they share their parts basically

and i dont want a truck, but an suv would be ok, altho toyota trucks........and suv's seem to have rust problems, especially the years i'd be looking at

Yeah golf seems like a good choice, It will be an auto, and I could kinda mod the engine out, Not ricerish, but ya know give it some more power, cold air intake etc, ya know, Maybe some Nice rims, NOT LIKE rims people put on cadillacs etc, but some just ya know, nice rims, put a nice exhaust system on it, No fart cans , but ya know a nice sounding one.

daimler chrysler... IS one f'n company. the two merged into one company now. it's not like chrysler and mitsubishi used to be. chyrsler is a division of daimler now... plain and simple. I live in detroit... you should have heard the bitching about that whole mess. the germans were NOT welcome by many people here. but in all honesty it saved the big 3 from becoming the big 2. they litterally debated changing the logo on the side of the chrysler tech center from the old chrysler logo to the mercedez one... and there were bomb threats and all kinds of crap because of it... in the end it was just too expenisve to change it.

also I don't understand you differentiating a truck and SUV. what do you think they do? design an SUV from the ground up? durango = ram 1500, excursion = ford F250, expidition / navigator = F150, yukon / tahoe / suburban / H2 / escelade = chevy / gmc 1500, explorer / mountaineer / aviator = ford ranger, trailblazer / envoy = colorado, armada = titan, pathfinder = tundra... they're built on truck chasis, with truck engines, with truck parts... just different bodies and trim configured mostly for passengers instead of cargo. there are a few smaller ones that are built on small truck chasis by companies like BMW and the like, but they SUCK for anything outside driving like a car.

bmw doesnt build a truck unfortunatly, and IT"S my parents decision, I WANTED a truck

Supposubly something about "ill need to let people ride with me"

and trucks.....well usually dont hold alot of people unless it's like crew cab etc.

which is ironic, because.......they also said at one point in time "you dont need to be hauling around a bunch of people"

So i brought that up, and they just give the normal NOOOOOO excuse for no freakin reason, my parents are just weird.

and I do know they merged, but alot of people THINK chrysler owned Mercedes, I thought thats what u were meaning, but at least u know the difference, alot of people think chrysler bought mercedes and I was like WTF ever.

but yea, my parents are OK with an SUV but not a truck, IF I had tons of money, I'd get a truck, but since my parents are helping me pay for it.......well they kinda get the say, Sucks dont it, lol

and I do know they merged, but alot of people THINK chrysler owned Mercedes, I thought thats what u were meaning, but at least u know the difference, alot of people think chrysler bought mercedes and I was like WTF ever.

569547[/snapback]

That would have been a terrible day in automobile history. :ph34r:

LOL

yeah that would've made some hardcore americans pretty mad if their like

UH yeah mercedes bought us, Sorry GUYS, DU HAST BIN SIEN !!!!!!!!!!!

lol

but yea.....Chrystler owning mercedes.....well Im not sure if I would like the cars coming out of that lineup,

Ive never been a big fan of chryslers, they've always seemed kinda like poor quality to me.......but then again i dont know the "evidence" behind that

tell you what, mercedez buying out chrysler... was the best thing that could have happened. I'm a ford truck guy. had always driven a ford truck (broncos, F150 lightening, expidition, excursion, navigator, F350). REFUSED to drive a dodge. got behind the wheel of a new durango and it was the end of that. 2 hours later I owned one :) I just bought 3 power wagons (ram 2500 HD's) for the ranch in colorado and debating buying 8 more for the park in georgia. my wife has a new jeep commander... I have nothing but good things to say about these trucks. NO problems... my durango is a year old now, 70k miles on it... not one single problem. I can't say the same of the expidition or the navigator (the super duty F350 and excursion are fine), they were both total piles of crap.

Edited by bigred