Getting New Car.....soon

CoolMaster

my 06 Charger *drool*...

my 00 Durango *drool*.....

I think the merger has helped ol Dodge/Chrysler come up with some pretty decent stuff if you ask me. Go take a test drive. Start small, like a Neon SRT-4 and work your way up young buck.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r:

tell you what, mercedez buying out chrysler...  was the best thing that could have happened.  I'm a ford truck guy.  had always driven a ford truck (broncos, F150 lightening, expidition, excursion, navigator, F350).  REFUSED to drive a dodge.  got behind the wheel of a new durango and it was the end of that.  2 hours later I owned one :)  I just bought 3 power wagons (ram 2500 HD's) for the ranch in colorado and debating buying 8 more for the park in georgia.  my wife has a new jeep commander... I have nothing but good things to say about these trucks.  NO problems...  my durango is a year old now, 70k miles on it... not one single problem.  I can't say the same of the expidition or the navigator (the super duty F350 and excursion are fine), they were both total piles of crap.

569794[/snapback]

OMG those jeep commanders look so cool, so their good suv's huh? i wonder how they are offroad?

Lincoln navigator tho.......i would've expected problems from this

Yea if I had to egt a truck i'd get a ford, ive always told myself that, Dodge second........chevy trucks........EHHHHHHHHHH

but we do have a GMC suburban (99 model) not a single problem (except for some light switch thing but it was like 2$ fix) and it's beeen great, GMC has been doing really good i think lately. I love suburbans for some reason?

you DO understand that GMC and Chevy essentially sell the same trucks right? Why dont you look at a 98 Grand Cherokee. Take a friggin test drive before you write anything off your list.

I think the merger has helped ol Dodge/Chrysler come up with some pretty decent stuff if you ask me.

569795[/snapback]

I'll agree with you on that. While Ford and GM are spitting out ugly, poorly made vehicles, Dodge is doing a half decent job of making a quality vehicle that actually looks good, and has enough power to boot.

GM has some nice looking cars Fords only decent looking cars are the new Mustangs, the GT's the new Fusions. As far as GM being poorly made we have 3 GM vehicle at my house and have owened many in the past and they've all never needed any serious work (Except for body work because my dad drives like an idiot).

if you want a Saab, go for a '91-'96 9000. get the 3 litre v6, only available auto.

and most of them have all the trimmings you could get (climate control, cruise control, driver airbag, full leather interior, walnut dash, heated front seats, HUGE trunk space (can fit a drum kit in no problem).

parts wont be that difficult to get, my dad has no trouble what so ever with his anyway.

oh, and the 9000 audio system is excellent sound quality/volume for a stock sound system.

there are only 2 vehicles these days that are worth a turd off roading. the H1 (duh) and the dodge power wagon (factory install all the goodies I'd put on aftermaket).

the jeep commander is a horrible offorad vehicle... but not NEARLY as bad as the navigator was... of course the nav being a pile of poo kinda went along with paying less 1/4 of sticker price for a brand new truck :( oh well.

both piss misserable vehciles that don't fit his needs / price

the dakar is WAY to expensive. it's like buying an alienware system. give me $300k for one of those things and i'll build a monster that puts it to shame. sure the dakar handles long runs across loose sand very well, but they're poorly mannered on the road, don't handle rocks very good and god forbid you show it deep mud :)

the pinzgauer is nothing more than a mini-mog. sure it can hangle a lot, but thye're also way too expensive and don't handle well on the road (home of 99.999999% of all vehicles).