Getting New Car.....soon

CoolMaster

Ok So I finally may be getting a job (at incredipet :-P) and Im selling my old Teal BMW, Ahhh Im gonna miss it (anyone interested in buying, it's a 93 325is 106k miles)

anyways

assuming it sells for around 6500 which it should.......

I need to get another car (obviously)

Now right now....it needs to be under 6500 obviously, not too many miles, RELIABLE definetly

Im looking into a early 90's model bmw 325, it's a inline 6 , i prefer a 4 banger but eh whatever, I know from experience the old BMW's are reliable, (our blue one is a 84 and has 240k miles and runs great)

Or an Old mercedes, perhaps a 190E, their 4 cyclinders and used to be one of the most reliable cars (back in 88) .

Other Euro cars......Eh maybe a old saab, but it might be hard to find parts for

But then again theirs a Honda Civic, Carefree reliable car.......but definetly not as fun to drive as a Bimmer or Benz, Plus I dont have the money to upgrade it and stuff

BTW i know this is gonna sound retarded but it's gonna be an AUTOMATIC (yes I know how to drive a manual) but parents insist, and their kinda the ones that get the money from the bmw sell, so their gonna be the ones technically buying it.

I cant get a truck sadly (sorry bigred), I wanted one, like an Old f-150 or something, but gas mileage.......yeah, plus i usually carry alot of people around.

IM not too big of a fan of Japanese cars, but they are reliable.

If I had to get one it'd be a Subaru though. I am looking into those.

but Im just asking for other suggestions

and Noone say Mustang.......cause i'd end up getting a v6 one.....and No lol

but Im open to all other opinions

Except no Geo's, or Chevy cars.

:-D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok So I finally may be getting a job (at incredipet :-P) and Im selling my old Teal BMW, Ahhh Im gonna miss it (anyone interested in buying, it's a 93 325is 106k miles)

anyways

assuming it sells for around 6500 which it should.......

I need to get another car (obviously)

Now right now....it needs to be under 6500 obviously, not too many miles, RELIABLE definetly

Im looking into a early 90's model bmw 325, it's a inline 6 , i prefer a 4 banger but eh whatever, I know from experience the old BMW's are reliable, (our blue one is a 84 and has 240k miles and runs great)

Or an Old mercedes, perhaps a 190E, their 4 cyclinders and used to be one of the most reliable cars (back in 88) .

Other Euro cars......Eh maybe a old saab, but it might be hard to find parts for

But then again theirs a Honda Civic, Carefree reliable car.......but definetly not as fun to drive as a Bimmer or Benz, Plus I dont have the money to upgrade it and stuff

BTW i know this is gonna sound retarded but it's gonna be an AUTOMATIC (yes I know how to drive a manual) but parents insist, and their kinda the ones that get the money from the bmw sell, so their gonna be the ones technically buying it.

I cant get a truck sadly (sorry bigred), I wanted one, like an Old f-150 or something, but gas mileage.......yeah, plus i usually carry alot of people around.

IM not too big of a fan of Japanese cars, but they are reliable.

If I had to get one it'd be a Subaru though. I am looking into those.

but Im just asking for other suggestions

and Noone say Mustang.......cause i'd end up getting a v6 one.....and No lol

but Im open to all other opinions

Except no Geo's, or Chevy cars.

:-D

561242[/snapback]

How dare you dis the Geo!!!! J/k i have a 1997 Geo Metro Lsi, gets 36 mpgs on its little 4banger lol, so i don't care what you say about it :D

just tell your parents that you are safer in a stick shift and that you really want it. also remind them how much better it is and if you know what your doing you can get better gas mileage and whatnot. it's what i told mine, because they decided that my lil bro will be getting my truck, and since all the cheap trucks around us arent stickshift, im getting my dads mazda b3000 truck (stickshift). my parents decided i have to take up payments after i graduate, well that trucks payments end like 6 months after that, whereas a new car would be costing me money's forever. so im getting a 200x, i forget what year, for pretty much a couple thousand. i love my parents now that im in college, they are great. i loved em beforehand, but they could be annoying back then.

69" Camaro

561280[/snapback]

oh there's a car with great gas milage... and it's a CHEVY. not to mention a mechanic's worst nightmare or wet dream (if it's thiers or they're being paid to fix it).

couple of ideas to throw out there. why not lease a vehicle now? My bro just leased a new charger for $129 a month and $2000 down... granted it's not the best on gas like you're looking for, but that's a good price. plus it's got that clutchless manual you can engage (auto by default)... it's basically a mercedez sedan. and right now you can get some AWSOME deals on leases on 05's. that way you don't have to worry about the car falling appart on you, or buying a used car / someone else's problem. I've even seen jeep liberty deals that were 2 of them for $130 a month (one for you one for the family). it's really crazy the prices car companies are charging right now.

also who gives a crap about it being a manual or auto. how often are you going to throw down and race? jeez I bet I can take most of you off the line in my giant grocery getter with an automatic any day of th week... while drinking a cup of coffee! I personally dont' want a manual for my daily driver... just one less thing I have to deal with.

I'm 17, and a local dealer quoted -ME- for a 05 Chevy Implala "9C1" (Police package...), 25000 miles (roughly), at 12,500, 2% APR (how the hell!?), over 60 months.

219 a month. VERY affordable :D

Add in the fact that it's an interceptor package, and I'm very happy.... especially since it'll have the harness preinstalled that I need for the wigwag headlights, as well as making it ALOT easier to tie into the factory harness when it comes to additional lighting, siren mounting, and a console.

YIPPEEEEEEE

Bigred yes I agree, I have heard of chevy's nightmares

and ur right......auto's are easier to deal with

And I wish I could keep the one I had now, but I cant.....long story

sdy284 u mentioned a gold or jetta tdi, and I must say that does seem very appealing

and Im not leasing a car, it had to be under 6-7k dollars, well whatever the bimmer sells for.

So i may/may not have mentioned that but yea