Banned From Vac - No Reason!

Guest Jeremy

I agree, I think it would be better for them to ban you for a little while on your first offence and tell your why than just a big perm ban. Most people would remove a cheat if they knew they had one in fear of loosing their money. Plus automatic perm bans for no reason get people mad and do things like post on forums and make Valve look bad which is bad publicity.

I dont think Valve is being fair. If someone was to cheat a second time how hard is it to find out and ban them with an auto scanner like VAC? I dont think its too hard.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I think it would be better for them to ban you for a little while on your first offence and tell your why than just a big perm ban. Most people would remove a cheat if they knew they had one in fear of loosing their money. Plus automatic perm bans for no reason get people mad and do things like post on forums and make Valve look bad which is bad publicity.

I dont think Valve is being fair. If someone was to cheat a second time how hard is it to find out and ban them with an auto scanner like VAC? I dont think its too hard.

564900[/snapback]

they should probably use the "warden" client WoW uses and ban ppl with files and folders that were named "WoW Hacks" or "W0W H4XZ0R" :lol:

valve already does "warden" client WoW thing, that show crappy steam is. i hate it, and if you look around on google you can play on VAC without steam, it what i do, im still not banned.

1. You're ONLY banned from VAC protected servers!

2. You're wrong if you seriously think what you posted.

564913[/snapback]

you honestly think i care? i dont play WoW and i dont play Valve games, and if i wanna cheat i just use god mode from the command console for games like doom and such. and besides, people need to read the TOA and EULA before clicking accept, otherwise they dont mind wtf the software's makers does and changed.

valve already does  "warden" client WoW thing, that show crappy steam is. i hate it, and if you look around on google you can play on VAC without steam, it what i do, im still not banned.

564914[/snapback]

Yea, god craping forbid they make sure you're not hacking and breaking the law by going against the TOS and EULA by scanning memory strings.

If you don't like Valve, stop playing any and all HL engine or Source engine based games. And that includes games that license either of the two engines.

Also, when you buy a Valve game, or any game for that matter, you are buying a license to play that game. That license, like a drivers license, can be removed for any reason whatsoever. You're not buying HL2 for craping gods sakes! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK IDIOTIC SKULLS, PEOPLE! YOU ARE BUYING A LICENSE TO PLAY THE GAME LEGALLY!

And Steam has DRASTICALLY improved Valve's profits (we're talking 5+ times more money per sale), and for those of you n00bs who want to point at the false verification server patch and say that Steam has sparked piracy: Was that made the INSANT Steam was released? No, I doubt it was. It's encouraged crackers and pirates to work harder for stuff, and that in turn helps Valve learn how to battle video game piracy.

Seriously, n00bs like you are REALLY starting to get me pissed off when you classy lady about something you don't know the first craping thing about. Stop crying because you got banned for using an aimbot, and go have your mommy get you a pair of balls.

And, a little bit more: How is Steam "crappy" because of an optional component that some server admins decide to run? VAC may not be the Anti-Cheat of all time, but it's helped. More and more hackers are banned each day because of VAC, so once again, quit your bitching.

Yea, god craping forbid they make sure you're not hacking and breaking the law by going against the TOS and EULA by scanning memory strings.

If you don't like Valve, stop playing any and all HL engine or Source engine based games. And that includes games that license either of the two engines.

Also, when you buy a Valve game, or any game for that matter, you are buying a license to play that game. That license, like a drivers license, can be removed for any reason whatsoever. You're not buying HL2 for craping gods sakes! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK IDIOTIC SKULLS, PEOPLE! YOU ARE BUYING A LICENSE TO PLAY THE GAME LEGALLY!

And Steam has DRASTICALLY improved Valve's profits (we're talking 5+ times more money per sale), and for those of you n00bs who want to point at the false verification server patch and say that Steam has sparked piracy: Was that made the INSANT Steam was released? No, I doubt it was. It's encouraged crackers and pirates to work harder for stuff, and that in turn helps Valve learn how to battle video game piracy.

Seriously, n00bs like you are REALLY starting to get me pissed off when you classy lady about something you don't know the first craping thing about. Stop crying because you got banned for using an aimbot, and go have your mommy get you a pair of balls.

And, a little bit more: How is Steam "crappy" because of an optional component that some server admins decide to run? VAC may not be the Anti-Cheat of all time, but it's helped. More and more hackers are banned each day because of VAC, so once again, quit your bitching.

564937[/snapback]

First of all, would you stop useing 'craping' (or crapping, for that matter) out of context.

I had let this thread come to rest for a reason, but I assure that I've never used a cheat in any online game (unlike you, after reading some of your posts a while ago).

The fact of the matter is I don't play CS:S much anymore, and believe it or not, I do realize that I was only banned from VAC secured servers.

Seriously though, you've completely destroyed this thread, and things like this really can really screw up a decent forum. I hope a mod will lock this now.

(BTW, I'd like to see the statistics you found proving that steam has 'DRASTICALLY' improved valves profits.

Please try posting the f word if you think I use crap.

564945[/snapback]

And what are you trying to prove from this? If anything this is just showing how immature you are. Guess what - there's a reason you can't post vulgar language!

Enough!!!!!

OK...am I the only one that noticed on the first page the original poster (heck, I don't even remember who it was now) let his brother use the account??

Hmmm why doesn;t your brother have an account?

I don't know the EULA of valve, but for just about anything....sharing acounts and software is illegal......

maybe that is the reason for the ban..

Just a thought...

and EVeryone grow up... there are a few people here that already have my blood pressure boiling