Banned From Vac - No Reason!

Guest Jeremy

Today I came home and wanted to play DoD:S. I've only played it a couple of times and I really enjoyed doing it. After Steam finished updating, I started DoD:s, double clicked a server, and to my surprise...i'm permanently banned.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have NEVER cheated on any server, nor do I have any on my system. $60 down the drain....

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get the HL2 silver package for cheap? They don't offer it on steam anymore, and its not offered in stores...I only really need the key.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry pal but you did CHEAT, maybe using diffrent wepon pack, differnt skins and you can go complain to valve but there logs can tell you the exact cheat you were using if you like.

back when steam frist came out one of my freinds got banned and he said he never cheated blah blah blah, so i told him to do the same thing, valve within a week sent an email saying what he used and i search his computer and WALA! it wasnt in the steam folder but it was on his computer. it was some file that hacked opengl so you could see though walls.

sorry man, time to drop another 60$

you could be banned just from that server. and if not dont buy another copy on the same account thinking you wil be unbanned, you wont. new acount needed.

Edited by hornybluecow

Woah!  Why bow down like that and waste more money?  Get ahold of Valve/Steam and tell them that you were banned for no reason.

559404[/snapback]

I really wish I could, take a look here: http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/st...li=&p_topview=1

For how long will my Steam account be banned?

After June 2005 bans for all Valve games are permanent.

Does VAC ever make mistakes?

There are no "false positives".  We will not un-ban you for any reason. You are responsible for your account regardless of who used your account.

I shared this account with my brother, but he is not capable of downloading cheats, nor would he. As I said before, this is ridiculous.

EDIT:

sorry pal but you did CHEAT

No, I didn't.

there logs can tell you the exact cheat you were using if you like.

According to Valve: "We will not disclose the cheats that were detected running on your system or the date and time the infraction took place."

Though if there are logs, please help me find a way to get those.

I hadn't used this for about a week, and just logged on to day and tried to join a server. I never got a message or anything saying that I was banned, until I tried to join a server.

hellz yeah cchalogamer, iv been busy for the last week or so but yeah we should

there logs can tell you the exact cheat you were using if you like.

According to Valve: "We will not disclose the cheats that were detected running on your system or the date and time the infraction took place."

---------------

well they used to, i guess valve doesnt care anymore, im talking back in 1.6 before Css

Edited by hornybluecow

I really wish I could, take a look here: http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/st...li=&p_topview=1

I shared this account with my brother, but he is not capable of downloading cheats, nor would he. As I said before, this is ridiculous.

EDIT:

No, I didn't.

559412[/snapback]

they also wont tell ya what "cheats" you used... thank god i just only have thier demos ::lol:

That's a little bogus... if they're going to take $60 out of your pocket, the least they could do is tell you WHY. It is utterly ridiculous for them to ban you permanently because it detected a hack on your system. That defies the whole purpose of business. A customer pays an already bloated price for your game, and then you will ban them for all eternity because they have a cheat 'somewhere' on their system? Why not ban them for a day? a week? a month? It just doesn't make any sense for this company who has receieved $50, $60, and $70 from a customer to ban them permanently and not think twice about it. :bah: I will never again buy a Valve product. I don't hack, but it's the principle behind it.

well i just thought of somthing, if your REALLY REALLY GOOD and people keep reporting you saying you were cheating they could ban you. but than again they did release a notice saying "DO NOT SEND PEOPLES STEAM ID saying there cheating, we will not look into it, VAC is able to detect them and ban than later.

and i think certain Omega drivers get you banned, b/c once i installed ones for my Nvidia 5600 back in 1.6 for openGl Inprovments and i was banned for 6 months the second i started up steam. (good thing this was before they premently banned you) ever since they i stick to the Real Slower but non ban-able drivers