Learn From Other's Mistakes...

This thread is for anybody who would like to share a bad modding experience or major messup they've had in the past so others may learn from them :smack: . Feel free to share whatever you want.

Also please help with my new rig here: ---> ||||||||||||||||||||||||| <---

Edited by Psychotic_god

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Always check wiring when you are sleeving :ph34r:

-Freshly shrunk heatshrink is freaking hot

-Dont put your hand too close to fans to test airflow

-Err electicution hurts?

And thats about it righ tnow I think =P

-electrocution hurts

-dells have jagged edges

-if a card has been sitting in a cluttered box full of old electronics, being moved around and totally knocked around, do not insert it into your machine

-do not assume CPU is your problem

-do not write an article about F@H for local newspaper without giving the paper an explanation

-do not superglue a capacitor onto a card - RMA!

-do not boot without HS (not me, FYI)

never overvolt unless you are sure.

dont mix rj-11 with rj-45 cables.

dont mess with unknown settings in the bios.

dont overclock in the summer if temps are high.

dont push your brand spanking new card that it artifacts massively.

edit: hey marty, 2nd time we posted @ same time :lol:

Personally, mine was when I tryed instaling a thermaltake liquid cooling system on this computer, I had like 6 feet of wiring cause it was a big ccase and the radiator was outside the case. I turned it on and everything was fine, it ran beautifully for hours. Then I tuned it off and went to sleep. Next morning, I found liquid had poured from the pump and all over my motherboard. I later figured out is that pumps can only push so much tubing (a n00b mistake). Always check how much your pump can push. Radiators and reservoir count as distance too (like a dualradiator usually counts as one foot of tubing).

Personal experience - dont buy a cheap psu - it IS the most important part of your system.(on my current rig - luckily only took fan controller :O )

When the icons in windows are corrupted, and other 2d anomolies occur, your graphics card oc is way too high :blink: (RIP mx400)

When bridge modding durons keep track of the changes you have already made - misinterpretations of what was done already can lead to raising the default boot voltage to 2 volts when you wanted 1.7(hence my case badge)

...think thats all I can remember for now :P

dont remove pci covers when your comp is on, you will drop it, and fry a card, lucaly when I did it, it was only the ethernet card, and I had others laying around.

Fans hurt

sharp things hurt

dont unplug something when your comp is on