Which Mobo Is Better?

Which mobo should I get they both fit my case and the cpu I picked out but I am at a loss to which is better Im leaning to the MSI one

First one---

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

Second one--

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...3596&CatId=1571

i would get one that has an NVIDIA chipset instead of VIA

508385[/snapback]

I agree completely!

Go with the MSI K8N neo2 Platinum. It's pretty much the exact same thing as the MSI board you linked, but with an nVidia nForce3 250gb chipset. Nvidia chipsets are the way to go man, no doubt about it. The neo2 is VERY popular around here, which means if you get it, you'll have plenty of people here that can give you all the info you could ever need. I would say stay away from the VIA chipset boards, personally. I have the neo2 and I love it.

As far as the Asus... Like I said, Asus USED to be king. Now, not so much....

Also, the nvidia has more than 3 pci ports. And second, what do you need more than 3 pci ports for anyways? This thing has 2 built in LAN adapters and built in 6.1 sound....

can i get a link to that one i cant seem to find it

ok i found 4 mobo now i dont know which of the 4 to get i know i want one with more than 3 pci ports but the one with 3 pci ports is alot better

Oh and stop shopping around on tiger direct try newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com, usually cheaper, better selection, and you may aswell pretend tiger direct doesnt have a rebate, bc you 97% of the time wont get it.

i have a neo2...ugh... all i can say no one will EVER make a board better than it. This the most powerful/popular agp board. becarefull with it, i think i screwed up my sata controller :lol: so much for a quad raptor raid 0+1 setup... :angry2: :O

Well it depends on the vid card that you will be using...

bc the A8n-SLI is PCI-Express and the MSI is only AGP...

I would reccomend the ASUS iF you already have a compatable graphics card. Otherwise take a look at the Abit MAX III

Hienrich

tigerdirect is not bad like service, i have one buy me and the service i get there is great!

but newegg i find normaly has lower shipped prices on some things.

so in the end for me atleast i end up getting stuff from both of them

first question is how in god's name are you going to compair a pci-express sli board to an agp one? which are you looking for... cuz I'd suggest NEITHER board.

look to DFI for either their new 939 Nforce 3 lanparty or the Nforce 4 lanparty boards