Which Mobo Is Better?

if yur lookin for a board that has PCI express, i would reccomend either a MSI K8N Neo4 or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136152

the last one is gonna be better.

if you want AGP, then i would reccomend like an MSI K8N Neo2

if you dont already have a video card and are plannin on gettin one then definately go PCI-Express, just to future proof your system. if you got one....then just pick from the list ^_^

first question is how in god's name are you going to compair a pci-express sli board to an agp one?  which are you looking for... cuz I'd suggest NEITHER board. 

look to DFI for either their new 939 Nforce 3 lanparty or the Nforce 4 lanparty boards

508445[/snapback]

couldnt of said it better my self :D

Yeah, if you have the money to go with a DFI board then go with that.

I would have gone with their new Nforce 3 board myself, but I can't get it anywhere at the moment (UK) plus I suspect it would be alot more than the Neo2 I've ordered.

Of course, we are all assuming you're planning on doing some OCing (pretty safe to assume?)

As well, just changed mobo from Asus K8V SE to MSI K8N Neo nForce3, combined with XFX 6600 GT, the game graphics are fantastic, I have been an Asus fan for years but I am going to convert. You are right about the Via Chips, all the problems with the Asus were related to the Via Chipset....

I agree completely!

Go with the MSI K8N neo2 Platinum.  It's pretty much the exact same thing as the MSI board you linked, but with an nVidia nForce3 250gb chipset.  Nvidia chipsets are the way to go man, no doubt about it.  The neo2 is VERY popular around here, which means if you get it, you'll have plenty of people here that can give you all the info you could ever need.  I would say stay away from the VIA chipset boards, personally.  I have the neo2 and I love it.

As far as the Asus... Like I said, Asus USED to be king.  Now, not so much....

Also, the nvidia has more than 3 pci ports.  And second, what do you need more than 3 pci ports for anyways?  This thing has 2 built in LAN adapters and built in 6.1 sound....

508392[/snapback]