New Project

bigred

LOL, nice. I like the little exhaust system you have planned for that...wish I could be cool and go off of straight headers... but I'll have to pay $2,000 to a liberal governer if I do that :angry2:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to pay too... only if I don't have my ORV permit :) get the ORV permit and a lot of laws are suddenly much more agreeable... especially when you find a judge who wheels too

only think i can think of adding is a big honkin winch up front and some kind of roof rack/lightbar system. nerf bars...etc. but i like the idea. it'll be like Jed Clampett goin rock climbing. dosen't know any better way to do it than that :)

sounds like youre not relying on your choice of work to make you the money. "extra-cirricular income"

PM me about how you got into that storage thing. if its something you started from scratch im interested in hearing abou tit. i'm looking for something like that in the near future...a mostly hands-off money maker.

the trick is not to put the winch on the truck in a fixed manner.

the bronco I do the mud boggin with has a winch. but it's mounted to a bracket that goes in a reciever hitch... just like the skid plate for the front of the truck. that way it can be adapted to fit what ever is needed, and the winch can be kept out of harms way while plowing thru the mud or rocks.

well here's the pics from "before" the destruction begins. the guys at the dealership think I'm crazy :) so we're doing well to kick this project off.

Edited by bigred

:lol: How did I miss this thread when it started??? Great idea, definatly one of a kind. I like modding cars just as much - or more- then computers :lol: . Soon as I'm done with my 'bird me and a couple friends are planning on welding up a couple of shift-carts(go-karts on steriods...2 stroke manual trans engines from dirt bikes(powerban makes powerslides so much fun ;)), low to the ground, 60mph+). That project pales in comparison to what you are doing. Good luck, and keep up the pics!

I wanna see the messy work-in-progress pics :D

(Oh, is that H2 yours too??? Nice trucks, but IMO I prefer the originals...I'd still grab one of those in a heartbeat tho if I could afford it!)

you must have missed the "Gixxerkart" video when that came out. some german guys put together a shifter kart with a 1000cc kawasaki GXR....powerslides so sick you threw up. smoke from the tires everywhere. it was about the most violent thing apart from shooting it from a cannon....lemme find a working link:

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/17533/

113 hp

300 lbs.

you must have missed the "Gixxerkart" video when that came out. some german guys put together a shifter kart with a 1000cc kawasaki GXR....powerslides so sick you threw up. smoke from the tires everywhere. it was about the most violent thing apart from shooting it from a cannon....lemme find a working link:

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/17533/

113 hp

300 lbs.

507903[/snapback]

:O I'm looking for something a little more...safe...

The 2 stroke engines we are thinging of are from 250cc dirt bikes. Nowhere near 113hp, but that great powerban that I miss so much when I ride "thumpers" feels awesome on turns in a gokart.

Although I bet the last thing they wanted while riding one of those was a spike in the end of the torque/hp curves!

EDIT: Oh, and GSX-R's are suzuki :P

Hmmmm whats' wrong with this picture? He's got an H2, and a Caddy in his garage.

I think you need to park one of those up here at my place

:D

507871[/snapback]

that was taken before it even left the dealership. no H2 for me. infact that's on the top ten list of vehicles I hate... but so is this thing too :glare:

right now it's sitting the garage without most of the body stripped off it. and the engine / trans pulled.

I still haven't found any decent GM axles... it may be time for some nice fat ford 1 ton super duties under there :)

Edited by bigred

you should post pics as you go along :)

507946[/snapback]

and you realize this is could take between 6-12 months to finish... or more

today is a prime example of why. 92 degrees outside. garage has no cooling. I'm not in the mood for that. project on hold today. no change in temps for over a week. more than likely no change in work status.