Mmorpg Decisions

gunak87

I want to get into a MMORPG. I've played some Kal and the free Anarchy online and they got me interested. I'm trying to decide if I want to get World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. I hear WoW is really awesome, but it's got a monthly fee. Guild Wars has been getting good reviews also, and it doesn't have a monthly fee.

Does anybody have any insight? I'm leaning towards GW at the moment because of the lack of a monthly fee, but I beta tested WoW and it was cool, plus this new patch seems pretty cool.

Is WoW's $10 monthly fee worth it? or should I go for Guild Wars.

Bah, play Thang. It's alot like Kal, only with less gayness.

WoW... I havn't played it, but I don't like the idea of a "Max level." What's the point of an MMORPG if it's beatable, in a sense?

GW, same, but it's more of a co-op game than an MMORPG.

Kal... like I said in threads before, it's full of scammers and other crap. Also, there's ONE international server, so the place is crowded all to hell. And the levelling system is kind of stupid, IMO. But that's more of a personal thing.

Thang Online... well, I'm rich in that game, for one thing. And second off, it's just plain addictive! Whisper zSilverFox if you get into it and I'll hook you up with some stuff.

I've seen more people that have been dissatisified with Guild Wars than World of Warcraft, and I've also seen this comment about Guild Wars:

Guild Wars is the single worst excuse for a MMORPG ever. I've had pizza that has lasted longer than this game.

I play World of Warcraft and beta tested Guild Wars. Guild wars really didn't really get my curiosity hooked for me to stand to play more than a couple hours, but World of Warcraft definately has the 'WOW!' factor ;).

To tell you the truth- there really aren't that many 'great' MMORPGs in my opinion. I've been through most of the major MMOs and at least fifteen others, and I can tell you the MMORPG market really doesn't have much going for it other than a social experience- I prefer the real world for those, but I don't know about you :). They can be fun for several months, but none of them (at least in my opinion) has ever had an intuitive or fun combat system.

Oh, and Guild Wars is argueable not a MMORPG- it is just a massive conglomerate of instances. World of Warcraft has instances, but it is not all instances ;). I'd strongly suggest that you'd pick World of Warcraft over Guild Wars, but thats just me. I'm sure you will enjoy either.

:D

Edited by Instag0

If you afford the monthly fee WoW is a lot better than GW will ever hope to be. I bought GW and I can honeslty say that I played it for a hour and was VERY dissapointed threw the CD across the room. The played WoW and havent looked back since. I will give it this though, its good for a FREE game but to put it up aganist WoW or any P2P MMORPG is just crazy and will have the same result.

I now own World of Warcraft. See you guys in a few months.  :D

488742[/snapback]

You won't be dissappointed, the PvP rocks in that game. GW doesn't really have much PvP, I think they spent less than 10 minutes programming all of their PvP. :glare:

Hard Decision, I Currently Play Guildwars & Ultima Online (Old School!)

I Wasn't Really That Impressed With WoW Gets Boaring Reaaaal Quick!

Guildwars Is A Very Good MMORPG Good Graphics & Big Player Base.

Ultima Online Is For Those Of Us Who Aren't All About Eye Candy, Still Has A Huge Playerbase & Has Been Out Almost 8 Years!

I'm on Everquest 2 myself.. Great game, good graphics (too much for my comp to handle actually..) and like all other games its even more fun if you've friends that play it.. When my friends left for guild wars, EQ2 hasn't been nearly as fun.. and with a couple of moderately leveled chars, 33assassin, 22paly, and a high level guild.. I feel like Ive already run out of fun things to do..

I'd say wow simply because it seems like I could play that longer than eq2 or guild wars.. guild wars has cool graphics and its free.. but just seems too simple a game for me to enjoy