Deep Throat Confirmed!

Ghost2520

Went fairly in depth into the Watergate scandal back in government politics class and I saw this on a news headline this morning! Don't know if there are many people on this site though that would remember back into these days. Anyways the source was 2nd in command of the FBI!

Felt

WTF!?!?

All I read was "Deep Throat Confirmed". That gave me a good laugh. :)

I didnt know that; it seems interesting now though. I wonder how this guy is going to die now that he is a publicly known name. :P

In a nutshell, Nixon made a team of people called the Plumbers to break into a building and lay down some wire taps and steal some crap. The entire team got caught and Nixon was exposed, this was back in the seventies. There was someone on the inside who was called Deep Throat who was never caught and whos identity remained a mystery until now, 30 years later.

WTF!?!?

All I read was "Deep Throat Confirmed". That gave me a good laugh. :)

I didnt know that; it seems interesting now though. I wonder how this guy is going to die now that he is a publicly known name. :P

485110[/snapback]

LMAO, I thought the same thing... HeatherIDeepthr... yea u get the point :lol:

Edited by silkster

Yup that would be him in the blue shirt. Pretty amazing, and to think his own family didn't even know. What would you feel like if your grandpa all of a sudden came out of the closet and said he was "the man"?

What was the building they where trying to tap ? And why were they doing that in the first place ?

485138[/snapback]

Nixon's Republican campaign officials went into the "Watergate Hotel" in an attempt to bug the room where Democrats were staying to steal campaign info. It was all to win an election. Nixon truly gave Republican's a bad name, and Republicans generally don't like talking about him. I guess you can say Nixon is the "Jimmy Carter" of Republicans.

If you are really interested in the story look up the watergate scandal.

And I am sure you have all read that Woodward has confirmed the identity.

Until Woodward and Bernstein agree that this *was* the guy, it's just some guy squawking as far as I'm concerned.

485132[/snapback]

They Have confirmed his identity.