Just Bought Farcry

General

A month ago they were selling them for 10 bucks (canadian no less) at staples. I would've got it but...ehh.... I have to reason no spend money on that. If i want to play it i can.... uh....... *runs away*

Edited by Blue_cow

I love this game however I can't really enjoy it cause it usally freezes in the middle of a level and i have to warm boot. I reinstalled Direct X, Didn't do a thing, and I am using the lowest possible graphic settings for the game but it still freezes. This happened on old drive too, and is happening on this brand new Drive, with a clean install of XP, so it has to be video card but why.

my Radeon 9600 XT should not have this problem. Not the best card, but far from the worst,

Maybe reinstall game?

go play half-life 2

481587[/snapback]

You go play it. I played Half Life 2...and it was pathetic. It was an overhyped marketing ploy from Valve that took a dump in my computer. If I wanted to play something so boring I'd play checkers by myself.

Have you played Doom 3? If you got freaked out by those apes you'll have a heartattack in Doom 3.

480906[/snapback]

That reminds me of when I was afraid to play Return To Castle Wolfenstein. Those elctric monkey things freaked the heck out of me. FarCry is a good game, just kinda hard at some times. :)

I just made it to the part where I gotta blow up that plant the ni gotta kill all those guys that come down from the helicopter. I swear i restarted the dang thing like 30 times before i finnaly got it. I ended up backtracking and found a G36 which helped me win. thats a preaty nice weapon.

I didn't find Farcry THAT hard, but to date, it is one of my favorite games. I like the lush terrain, the weapons, the boats, the jeeps, just everything about it I like. I've found myself going back and playing all the way through 4 times now, and thinking about doing it again. :D

its even more fun now because the requirements are fairly low compared to what they were when it came out

my 6600GT played it with full AA / AF at 1280 x 768 with Very high detail falwlessly.

Well thats a lie, it would take a while to load some parts of the level but nothing too bad.

OOOOO!!!! I just downloaded the demo about 2 hours ago, beat the demo....immediatly went and bought the full version and its installing right now LOL. after this installs ima go get another copy for my dad cuz he wants one too HEHE.