1500 Watt Subs

Shadowfactor

I can't imagine your Logitech 640 'tweeters' are never going to be able to cope with a 1500W sub......... you'd just be listening to the bass, probly wouldn't hear anything else at all :P

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Thats Why I am going with a 900 RMS watt sub, Ya Im am gettinga big one and Im getting 2: 600 rms watt Bose's thats im trading a Compaq p4 for. Anyway I Need a Good Amp that can handle the 2 600 watt Bose's and my 900 watt sub How many watts and stuff also what do I need for a Base enclosure

lol Thats Why I am going with a 900 RMS watt sub, Ya Im am gettinga big one and Im getting 2: 600 rms watt Bose's thats im trading a Compaq p4 for. Anyway I Need a Good Amp that can handle the 2 600 watt Bose's and my 900 watt sub How many watts and stuff also what do I need for a Base enclosure

479380[/snapback]

Bose doesn't make any 600 watt rms speakers. :glare:

900 watts rms is still overkill, and what sub are we talking about? You can't just classify a sub by how many watts it handles. You need to tell us an exact model or we won't even be able to model up an enclosure design for you. You also won't find a 900 watt rms sub for anywhere near 80 bucks...I don't know who told you they could. Well, I could see if it was used or stolen, but yeah.

You also won't find ANY home reciever that's even decently affordable that will put out that amount of power. You'll still be hard-pressed to find ANY home amplifier to put out that much wattage. An amp that would put out enough power (about 300 watts rms or so at 4 ohms) won't cost a rediculous amount though. :)

So here is what we need:

1. An exact sub model to work with

2. How much space you have and how good your woodworking skills are

3. How much money you are willing to spend on an amplifier

Or you could always go get a home theater sub and save yourself a lot of time and money. ;)

Audiobahn put out a lot of SPL but their quality is garbage. JBL and Rockford Fosgate make really good amps. I suggest just getting one of the Alpine Type-R's that come in the ported box, and get a Rockford amp. You'd need a 300 watt RMS mono rockford amp. Shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred for the amp. I have Alpine Type-R subs and a JBL amp. Sounds great.

Edited by AntitrustSpider

Audiobahn put out a lot of SPL but their quality is garbage. JBL and Rockford Fosgate make really good amps. I suggest just getting one of the Alpine Type-R's that come in the ported box, and get a Rockford amp. You'd need a 300 watt RMS mono rockford amp. Shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred for the amp. I have Alpine Type-R subs and a JBL amp. Sounds great.

480534[/snapback]

Remember, this is for in the home, so a 12 volt car amp is not going to work. ;)

EDIT: This is more towards what he wants I think: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=300-806

500 watts rms at 4 ohms, perfect for even the most power hungry car audio subs. Now he just needs to get back to us on the sub he's thinking about using so we can model him up a box. :P

EDIT AGAIN: I don't think he's going to want PA speakers, they don't play down low enough for a lot of music, and especially not low enough for movies/games. I do think this guy would be better off with a decent 2 channel amp and a set of towers though. :)

Edited by Thewacokid

Remember, this is for in the home, so a 12 volt car amp is not going to work. ;)

EDIT:  This is more towards what he wants I think: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=300-806

500 watts rms at 4 ohms, perfect for even the most power hungry car audio subs.  Now he just needs to get back to us on the sub he's thinking about using so we can model him up a box. :P

EDIT AGAIN:  I don't think he's going to want PA speakers, they don't play down low enough for a lot of music, and especially not low enough for movies/games.  I do think this guy would be better off with a decent 2 channel amp and a set of towers though. :)

480663[/snapback]

thats a mono block amp, he wants something to power his 2 bose speakers and the sub

these are not guitar PAs, they are for studio/club invironments and DJs so they will play the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs at screaming loud volumes

thats a mono block amp, he wants something to power his 2 bose speakers and the sub
Yeah...it's too bad that Bose never made a set of speakers that could handle 600 watts rms, I'm still waiting to find out what model he actually has (if he has any at this point). I chose that amp based on the fact that even if he had a seperate set of towers, running a sub mono in addition to the towers is impossible with most amps unless he gets a DVC sub, and even then it's going to make a pretty difficult load on the amp.

these are not guitar PAs, they are for  studio/club invironments and DJs so they will play the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs at screaming loud volumes

480879[/snapback]

Most studio/club PA's I've seen that are affordable won't do very well below 40 hz, though I'm sure there are some out there that will, I doubt he wants to spend that kind of coin on a set of speakers for his computer (especially since he's getting and 80 dollar sub, which I still need the model number for if he wants a box design).

Anyway, till he posts again with his budget and exactly what speakers/equipment he has at this point I think discussing it any further is kind of pointless. :(