I Dont Notice A Difference When O/c P4 2.8

thef1re

You guys are on crack, I noticed a huge performance increase from 1.53 to 2.22. Might be because of the weak proc, but o well.

460927[/snapback]

Of course you noticed an increase...thats like 700mhz :P. Its the small oc's, like 200mhz, that I dont notice a change in unless I'm benching. Thats why I stay ~200mhz below my max oc.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, with P4's, i have never seen a difference until i hit 500Mhz or so, like i said, but i was running mine at 3.8Ghz all the time, but when I get my new mobo back, i think i am gonna run it slightly oc'd most of the time, i am also starting to turn it off at night, so the daily cold reboots may not be kind to it all jacked up and all

hitting your max stable is so you can run your pc at that speed 24/7 and have a pc that beats most other peoples... again, like me :P

.... i don't oc for benches, i oc for my own pleasure and essentially higher framerates and faster encoding...

460816[/snapback]

Don't forget that it's fun too.

i'm at stock at the moment and i'm not noticing any difference to when i was overclocked (that goes for cpu and gfx card)

the only time i've ever actually seen a difference was when my framerate in MOHAA went up from 60 to 65 (omg!!! extreme!1!1!!)

and my rig isn't good enough to bench, so meh.