Finished Graphics Card

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some crazy mods. Now you have go for 500 core. It is possible with that heatsink.

You have made my good list.

O so it is a 9800pro AIW, r350 I would think. I think I will have to have a little bench war, my friend has the same card, and I will be modding it soon.

Edited by tbone2sk

Heh, thanks guys. Today I'll go for the vmod and see how it goes. I may also put some strips of copper(*cough* from the fins I trimmed off this hs *cough*) under my aluminum ramsinks and see if that will help anymore...they artifact at 380...I would be very happy if I can get them to 390.

Oh, tbone, would you by any chance know the resistors for the ram volts on the aiws? I think there are like 3 diff points to vmod the ram on this card(!), and I dont think guessing would be productive ;). I havent found hardly anything on the aiws that makes me comfortable with doing a ram vmod. First I was thinking about modding the 5v line that goes into the card(i've had good results on radeon cards with that before), but decided against it because of all the other crap the aiw has.

Well, here's to 7k and beyond!

**edit** Yea, its the r350 core. I dont know what volt the core it is at right now...hopefully I got lucky and got a mad ocing undervolted one ;). I'll check today. **edit**

Also it would be hard to get a good overclocking r350, but hell macci had a 9800se under phase that did 650 something core.

460777[/snapback]

Just got the pm and replied...the computer was down while I did the vgpu mod ;) Its installed but not being used yet, as I cannot find a vgpu measurement for the aiw that I can reach with the card on :'(. If worst comes to worst, I'll take it all apart again(sigh) and solder a long wire from the resistor behind the gpu. Dont really feel like doing that now though :P. Oh, and I saw someone pull around 550 core with an r350 and vmod on air :drool: posted it somewhere around here *peer*. I'll be happy with 500, although I'm starting to wonder...havent seen many high clocked r350 aiw's ;)

**edit** lol, figures...that was macci too :P 540mhz r350 on air...9800se to boot(*cough* ...and aiw on top of that ;) *cough*).**edit**

(edited multiple times) So far : 460/390, just a few artifacts,slightly over stock volts(?), 3050 3d2k5 marks B:)

OOOoooOOO you finally did the mod! Although... possibly not working as well as expected? :( How high have you got it so far?

462828[/snapback]

The card is starting to sputter at 455 mhz. I've gotten to top of 2nd page in 3d2k3 with 7262 pts at 450mhz(reported as 425?), havent benched any higher then 450 yet, trying different drivers and stuff. I bet I can go higher, but my multimeter died so I have no idea what volts my core is at...not good...Hopefully I still have some headroom to boost the vgpu and hit at least 475 ;)

The heatsink is working just as I hoped...*very* few artfacts at 450mhz, so its not a heat issue. Its starving for more volts ;) Few artifacts at 450, hardlock at 460.

vien bueno trabajo (for english people it means very good job) keep it going, i would like someone to vmod a 9600se hehe, i wanna see what it is capable of doing, or even better, the 9000pro :), i think ill buy another 9000pro just for the fun on it.