Finished Graphics Card

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raven65

Nice mod. Now your giving me ideas, I wonder if an Xp 90 would work on my 6600?

hummmm

Nice mod. Now your giving me ideas, I wonder if an Xp 90 would work on my 6600?

hummmm

466494[/snapback]

I'm going to try and put one on my x850xt, it will be hard, but I might be able to pull it off. They are only 30 now anyway, so why not pick up a extra.

I'm going to try and put one on my x850xt, it will be hard, but I might be able to pull it off. They are only 30 now anyway, so why not pick up a extra.

466495[/snapback]

I thought about it, but in my case it stuck out waaay too far towards the mobo. I had to trim a decent amount where the fins spread outward on the silentboost just to get it flush with chipset cooler(a fat lil epox cooling bastard), and the xp-90 heat pipes will stretch even further into the mobo. I would have rotated it and clipped off some of the "wingspan" on the xp-90, but then the heatpipes would be in the way of the tv tuner...not much cooling real estate on the aiw cards :lol: But if your mobo/card has a different layout and you trim the xp-90 enough, it might make it. I say go for it. If anyone is gonna make it work, I think you have the best chance ;)

For anyone else that wants to pop a nice big hs on the graphics card, this is what I had to do to get the big silentboost to fit(just to fit gpu, doesnt include mounting holes) :

cutsilentboost1ls.jpg

Not drawn to scale, lol ;) (phear my mspaint skillz)

a fat lil epox cooling bastard

haha! nearly choked on my sandwich!

its not really thaaaat fat though! :) Not quite sure they needed the fan. I have unplugged mine and it only runs warm to the touch (unless my chipset voltage is 1.75v!).

Lol, I think i'm still at 1.7v from when I was trying to get 2.7+ bench stable(I failed by the way...2665 is good tho :D). It still doesnt get hot, so I just leave it there ;) Its not that thick, but its definitley one of the bigger stock chipset coolers i've seen.

Yes, definately the widest one I have seen for stock cooling! :)

Did you take it off and replace the pink chewing gum under there (it's a real pain in the arse to clean that stuff off) with something half decent? ;)

puck I want to see some nice benches! You have to up your card voltage, I say push it up to 1.85vgpu, I want to see 500 core! With my old card I could get 3200 in 05 without overclocking the cpu much.

puck I want to see some nice benches! You have to up your card voltage, I say push it up to 1.85vgpu, I want to see 500 core! With my old card I could get 3200 in 05 without overclocking the cpu much.

468248[/snapback]

I do too, but I need a dmm! I really dont want to up the voltage without monitoring it, and I cant cuz my analog one died. I did turn it a *real* little bit and past 460...got it to bench 05 at 463 core with some snow on mountains of test3, and I think the volts were only around 1.75. So far my highest 05 was 3073...yesterday while futuremark was down...I'm sure I can get more tho - I still really want 500 core, but 3200 3dmarks would be great even if I cant get the core there.

**Slightly OT** Oh, How are you and nerm doing on your bench quest? The highest orb has is like 3900@560 core(:drool:), but I think you two working together could hit that record 4k mark - It *was* on a intel system after all...how hard could it be to beat??? :lol: Heh, j/k ppl :P

I do too, but I need a dmm! I really dont want to up the voltage without monitoring it, and I cant cuz my analog one died. I did turn it a *real* little bit and past 460...got it to bench 05 at 463 core with some snow on mountains of test3, and I think the volts were only around 1.75. So far my highest 05 was 3073...yesterday while futuremark was down...I'm sure I can get more tho - I still really want 500 core, but 3200 3dmarks would be great even if I cant get the core there.

**Slightly OT** Oh, How are you and nerm doing on your bench quest? The highest orb has is like 3900@560 core(:drool:), but I think you two working together could hit that record 4k mark - It *was* on a intel system after all...how hard could it be to beat??? :lol:  Heh, j/k ppl  :P

469767[/snapback]

I am waiting for him to get his PS, then if he can get 3000 out of his 3400 the WR will be much easier.

I am waiting for him to get his PS, then if he can get 3000 out of his 3400 the WR will be much easier.

469782[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan...keep us posted ;)

**edit** Lol, guess what? I just came back from getting a new mm(analog again...only digital ones radio shack had were like 100 bucks), and came back to check my gpu volts finally. As I was taking off my side, I pull the volt mod wire and take it off by accident...oops...After I put everything back together and resolder the volt mod, I power up and woot! I get a voltage reading finally! Well, it was 1.6volts...I began cursing about the volt mod not being on right(in a rush to get everything back together ;)) when i realize...1.6...the cards supposed to be 1.7 stock ^_^. If its undervolted stock and still reaching stock speeds stable, then I hope its a good overclocker! I'm about to go back and put the volt mod on now, tweak it to ~1.85gpu, and see what this thing can do finally :D - be back in a bit! **edit**

Edited by puckdracon