Finished Graphics Card

I can't wait to see what happens next. Yoy should be able to do 500 core, hopefully.

469835[/snapback]

I'm dissapointed...I resoldered the voltmod and its still having no effect. Tomorrow I'm gonna redo the whole voltmod wires and put a new vr in. *sigh* how anti-climactic...i'm gonna go work on my sig in anguish - i wanted to hit 500 today...at least I know I have lotsa volts headroom ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had it up to 1.85 then it is working.

469842[/snapback]

Nah, with the volt mod on or disconncted, the volts didnt change from ~1.6v - pot at max or zero. I'll make everything right tormorrow...kinda lose all the excitement after failing not once, but 3 times, and ending up worse then when you started :P

...Lol, I just realized I went from a working volt mod with no way to monitor it to a working vgpu monitor with no voltmod, lmao.

:O hope you didn't lift a solder pad up or anything like I did. What are you doing posting, get that mod working boy!

469867[/snapback]

lmao...tomorrow :P I'm seriously tired of taking it out and soldering...that thing is huge and a pain in the butt to put in and out w/ that big hs and 3x fans :P I *did* make myself a sig finally tho ;)

...I'm sure I'll get an oc back, and then some - I was at 463 with only ~1.7v, should break 500 with 1.85-1.9 ;)

lol you have far more patience than I do! I'd be going crazy over it all night :)

Good luck with the 500 :D If you reckon it's doing 463 with 1.7v it sounds like it should be pretty easy to get 500! Wonder how long the card will last!

OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My big caps arrived for my graphics card mod, like just now! Yey! Y'all can probly expect pictures of that one later tonight! Woooot :D They're actually bigger than I expected mind you.

I'm having random pausing problems (common) and I have had a few black screens of death. Read a thread over at XS and the general thing seems to be that the caps are crap on these cards or something, and that adding one in parallel seems to have a high success rate in curing the problem, with the advantage of higher overclocks :)

Can't use the car for half an hour (new windscreen fitted). Soo.. think I might do it now :) Wish me luck..

Good luck! Its kinda like the same principal of the droop mods we did on our boards...cleans out the power :D . Its good you get it done now before a cap pops...that can be pretty messy ;). I think I'm gonna redo my vmod now too...this silver solder is a pain...I almost ruined a smd resistor yesterday...its a bit melted but works fine!

I like my silver soldery stuff. It's way better than the generic 'lead free' stuff I had before. Sticks better :)

Time to test out the mod (did it this morning before I left) and posty it a little later on!

I like my silver soldery stuff. It's way better than the generic 'lead free' stuff I had before. Sticks better :)

Time to test out the mod (did it this morning before I left) and posty it a little later on!

470152[/snapback]

Sticks better is the prob! It has a higher melting point...I pulled an IC leg clear off the board this morning and almost died. I bent it back into place and dabbed some solder, booted up, and prayed. It worked :D. My poor tortured all-in-wonder is done with mods for now, and can now be followed on this thread - http://forums.overclockersclub.com/The_Gpu..._Me-t50182.html