Mouse Pointer Suddenly Jittery

A few minutes ago (5 or so), my mouse pointer was working just fine. Then it suddenly starts getting jittery whenever I move the mouse. It seems to do it less when it isn't on the mousepad, but not enough to make it bearable. Mouse is fully charged, MX1000.

ya sometimes my mx 1000 does wierd stuff too. like jumps around the screen, or ill be moving towards something and it jumps back to top right corner. make sure there is nothing on the eye, like clean it off , and clean your mousing surface too

having to clean the eye defats te purpose of ptical mice!!

Thats what the 'great' thing about them is/was, you DONT NEED to clean them! (at least thats what was all over the boX of all my optical mice, and what ppl in store hav told me) For me, it seems to be true!

My old first MS Optical mouse only evver needed those feet cleaned as it stuck to the table, same with my eXPloere 4, but not with my Dimond Back :D

Never had to clean the eye of an optical mouse before!

The MX1000 is wirelss right?

In that case, is there any source of interfearence near you? (TV, Microwave, Wirelss router? )

the MX1000 is not optical..it is a laser mouse FYI. Also, the mouse will do that on wood surfaces for certain...the laser actually burns holes into my desk...it's stronger than it was stated in the description. i have little dots all over my desk where the mouse has burned into it. I bought the Func Surface 1030 mousepad and it has been smooth as icecream ever since. It's for certain that the mouse is destroying your surface and is having a hard time resyncing. Place your mouse on something with more texture, like a canvas cd-case like this.

Guest Jeremy

Well maybe thats why they say to have it 5ft or whatever away from the computer. It must be getting some kind of interference if its fully charged.

Guest Jeremy
maybe ur hands just shaking?

454267[/snapback]

:D that would be a little strange

I had the same problem with my MX510..

Then i found out a second mouse was plugged into the USB port and was sitting funny on some paper nearby causing the odd shaking :)

Like the others said... just check for interferance of some sort... dont know much more to say...

Hmm, interesting. My MX1000 has never jumped around. I used on a wood desk for months without any problems. It has not yet burned any holes in my desk... (I didn't follow the suggested distances away from other electronics, either.)