Should I Get A Firewall?

NoPepsiForYou

d3bruts1d: why not? how else you can get files? NTFS crypts passworded folders and you need password to access it!

Why not? Any oen who has taken internet security courses knows how to by pass this type of thing. Espically that of the screensaver password.

I knew how to get passed that when i was 12.

BLAH, wireless is totally eazy to hack, to prob and a firewall that you get will just suck anyways so dont even bother, just encrypt your files, PGP is a nice encryption program 128bit encryption

mikeock: Mine main idea wasn't "Screensaver password", in fact I said "there good default option, when you stop screensaver it shows login screen again and after you log in all programms is still running" - I mean checkbox "On resume, display Welcome screen". Huh... <_<

:: How about NTFS folder securing? For now I got my old HDD with crypted My Documents. How I can get my files?

I think im on his good side :blink: He just really likes to snoop around all my stuff and my computer.

and that screensaver idea...yes even I could get past that and I have no idea how to hack...I wish I did know how to hack...then this would all be so much easier. Hey anybody got any ideas on how to start me off :D

anyways, I think I will do that encription thing for now. Thanks for all your help guys.

BLAH, wireless is totally eazy to hack, to prob and a firewall that you get will just suck anyways so dont even bother, just encrypt your files, PGP is a nice encryption program 128bit encryption

The physical layer vunerablity (wireless can be very secure if setup right) has little to do with the acessability of your data.

To really secure your data, from everyone, I would need to know more about how your dad intends to setup the network (stuff you shouldn't write here , even if you know it) I think Tim covered it best, make yourself sole admin for your computer, share only what you wish to share.

If whatever you are hiding is so bad (life/lifestyle threatening if discovered) you might have to consider if it's worth keeping.